Casey County, Kentucky
Genealogy, History & Facts
Casey County, Kentucky Facts
When was Casey County, KY Created?
Casey County was created on November 14, 1806 from Lincoln County.
Casey County, KY Vital Records
Where can find Casey County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Casey County vital records can be found at the Kentucky Department of Health (VDH) Office of Vital Records which has copies for of birth & deathe certificates (1911 – present), marriage licenses & divorce decrees (since June 1958). There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Kentucky for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Casey County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for Birth Certificate, Marriage / Divorce Certificate or Death Certificates to mail.
The Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives contains birth and death records for the cities of Louisville, Lexington, Covington and Newport, which introduced records laws before 1911. The Archives also offers birth and death records before to 1911 and 1911-1957 death records for the entire state.
Casey County, KY Census Records
What Casey County, KY census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Casey County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Casey Co. Slave Schedules can be obtained for 1850 & 1860. Casey Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Casey Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Casey Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. One can find free down loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Kentucky Census Records Research Guide
Casey County, KY Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Casey County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Casey County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Kentucky courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Kentucky residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Casey County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Kentucky Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Casey County Clerk
- Address: 625 Courthouse Sq., Liberty, KY, 42539
- Phone: (606) 787-6471
- Marriage Records: 1807
- Land Records: 1807
- Probate Records: 1806
- Casey County Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Address: Casey County Judicial Center, 231 Courthouse Square, P.O. Box 147, Liberty, KY 42539-0147
- Phone: (606) 787-6510
- Court Records: 1807
- Kentucky, Wills and Probate Records, 1774-1989
- Casey County Elected Officials (ky.gov)
- Some original land grant surveys along Green River in Lincoln and Casey Counties, Kentucky (1781-1836)
- Will/Probate Record Request Form
- BLM Land Records
- Casey County USGenWeb Archives Project
Casey County, KY Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Casey County, KY?
A list of Casey County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Kentucky Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Kentucky Department for Libraries & Archives, 300 Coffee Tree Road, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601; (502) 564-8300;
- University of Kentucky Libraries, William T. Young Library, Lexington, KY 40506-0456
- The Kentucky Historical Society, 100 W. Broadway, Frankfort, KY 40601; 877-444-7867
- The Kentucky Genealogical Society, PO Box 153, Frankfort, KY 40602-0153
- Bicentennial Heritage Corporation, P.O. Box 356, Liberty, KY 42539
Where can I connect with other Casey County, KY Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Kentucky Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Kentucky State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Casey County, Kentucky Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Casey County
- Casey County, Kentucky Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- KYCASEY. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Casey County, Kentucky. To subscribe send “subscribe” to [email protected] (mail mode) or [email protected] (digest mode).
- CENTRAL-KY. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Central Kentucky including Boyle, Bullitt, Casey, Clark, Estill, Garrard, Hardin, Jackson, Jessamine, LaRue, Lincoln, Marion, Nelson, Russell, Taylor, and Powell Counties. The list also covers any central Kentucky area if the county is unknown. To subscribe send “subscribe” to [email protected] (mail mode) or [email protected] (digest mode).
What other genealogical resources are available in Casey County, KY?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Casey County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is basically a collection that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another.