Carroll County, Kentucky
Genealogy, History & Facts
Carroll County, Kentucky Facts
Carroll County, KY Vital Records
Where can find Carroll County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Carroll County vital records can be found at the Kentucky Department of Health (VDH) Office of Vital Records which has copies for of birth & deathe certificates (1911 – present), marriage licenses & divorce decrees (since June 1958). There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Kentucky for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Carroll County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for Birth Certificate, Marriage / Divorce Certificate or Death Certificates to mail.
The Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives contains birth and death records for the cities of Louisville, Lexington, Covington and Newport, which introduced records laws before 1911. The Archives also offers birth and death records before to 1911 and 1911-1957 death records for the entire state.
Carroll County, KY Census Records
What Carroll County, KY census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Carroll County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Carroll Co. Slave Schedules can be obtained for 1850 & 1860. Carroll Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Carroll Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Carroll Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. One can find free down loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Kentucky Census Records Research Guide
Carroll County, KY Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Carroll County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Carroll County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Kentucky courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Kentucky residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Carroll County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Kentucky Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Carroll County Clerk
- Address: 440 Main Street, Carrollton, KY, 41008
- Phone: (502) 732-7005
- Marriage Records: 1836
- Land Records: 1795
- Probate Records: 1838
- Carroll County Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Address: William L. Wheeler Hall of Justice, 802 Clay St., Carrollton, KY 41008
- Phone: (502) 732-4305
- Court Records: 1838
- Kentucky, Wills and Probate Records, 1774-1989
- Carroll County Elected Officials (ky.gov)
- Will/Probate Record Request Form
- BLM Land Records
- Carroll County USGenWeb Archives Project
Carroll County, KY Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Carroll County, KY?
A list of Carroll County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Kentucky Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Kentucky Department for Libraries & Archives, 300 Coffee Tree Road, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601; (502) 564-8300;
- University of Kentucky Libraries, William T. Young Library, Lexington, KY 40506-0456
- The Kentucky Historical Society, 100 W. Broadway, Frankfort, KY 40601; 877-444-7867
- The Kentucky Genealogical Society, PO Box 153, Frankfort, KY 40602-0153
- Port William Historical Society, 311 Park Avenue, Carrollton KY 41008
Where can I connect with other Carroll County, KY Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Kentucky Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Kentucky State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Carroll County, Kentucky Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Carroll County
- Carroll County, Kentucky Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- KYCARROL. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Carroll County, Kentucky. Interested individuals may want to check out the Carroll County KYGenWeb page. To subscribe send “subscribe” to [email protected] (mail mode) or [email protected] (digest mode).
- KENTUCKIANA. A mailing list for genealogy research and information exchange in the Indiana counties of Clark, Crawford, Dubois, Floyd, Gibson, Harrison, Orange, Perry, Pike, Posey, Scott, Spencer, Warrick and Washington, and the Kentucky counties of Breckinridge, Bullitt, Carroll, Hardin, Jefferson, Meade, Nelson, Oldham, Shelby, Spencer and Trimble. This is a highly research structured list, chatroom atmosphere is discouraged. To subscribe send “subscribe” to [email protected] (mail mode) or [email protected] (digest mode).
- SWKY-NWTN. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in the counties of southwest Kentucky (Fulton, Graves, Calloway, Trigg, Marshall, Hickman, Carlisle, Lyon, Livingston, Ballard, Caldwell, Crittenden) and northwest Tennessee (Obion, Weakley, Henry, Carroll, Benton, Dyer, Gibson, Humphreys). To subscribe send “subscribe” to [email protected] (mail mode) or [email protected] (digest mode).
What other genealogical resources are available in Carroll County, KY?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Carroll County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is basically a collection that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another.