Haskell County, Kansas
Genealogy, History & Facts
Haskell County, Kansas Facts
When was Haskell County, KS Created?
Haskell County was established on March 23, 1887 (organized on July 01, 1887) from Finney County. The county was named in honor of Dudley Chase Haskell (1842-1883), U.S. congressman from Kansas..
What cities and towns are in Haskell County, KS?
Cities and towns located in the County include Sublette and Satanta.
Haskell County, KS Vital Records
Where can find Haskell County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Haskell County vital records can be found at the Kansas Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records from July 1, 1911; marriage records from May 1913 and divorce records from July 1951. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Kansas for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
You can search online for Haskell County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Kansas Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- USGenweb Archives Kansas Marriage Project
- Kansas, Births and Christenings, 1818-1936
- Kansas, Births and Christenings Index, 1885-1911
- Kansas, Marriages, 1840-1935
- Kansas Marriage Index, 1854-73
- Kansas, County Marriages, 1855-1911
- Kansas, Security Benefit Association, Death Index, 1902-1930
- Kansas, Deaths and Burials, Index, 1885-1930
- Kansas, Fraternal Order Death Index, 1873-1969
- Kansas, Deaths and Burials, 1885-1930
Haskell County, KS Census Records
What Haskell County, KS census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Haskell County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Haskell Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890.
Another census resource is the Kansas State Census Collection from 1855-1925. You’ll find free down-loadable not to mention printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Kansas Census Records Research Guide
Haskell County, KS Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Haskell County Courthouse?
The below facts shows exactly what death, marriage, birth, property, wills, and court records are typically in Haskell County. The years listed below are the first noted records with this county. See Also Kansas Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Haskell County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted) is located at 300 S Inman St, Sublette, KS 67877; Phone Number: (620) 675-2263
- Haskell County Clerks Office has Birth Records from 1888-97, Marriage Records from 1887 and Death Records from 1888-97. The Register of Deeds shall have custody of and safely keep and preserve all the books, records, deeds, maps, papers and microphotographs deposited or kept in the office of the Register of Deeds. The Register of Deeds shall also record or cause to be recorded all deeds, mortgages, maps, instruments and writings authorized by law to be recorded in the office of the Register of Deeds and shall perform all other duties as are required by law.
- Haskell County Register of Deeds Office has Land Records from 1887. The Register of Deeds shall have custody of and safely keep and preserve all the books, records, deeds, maps, papers and microphotographs deposited or kept in the office of the Register of Deeds. The Register of Deeds shall also record or cause to be recorded all deeds, mortgages, maps, instruments and writings authorized by law to be recorded in the office of the Register of Deeds and shall perform all other duties as are required by law.
- Haskell County Clerk of District Court has Probate Records from 1887 and Court Records from 1886. The Clerk of Court is part of the Judicial Branch of local government and as such is required to maintain a record of all documents filed with the courts, keep a record of all court proceedings, and collect various fines and forfeitures ordered by the court and specified by statute.
- BLM Land Records
Haskell County, KS Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Haskell County, KS?
A list of Haskell County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Kansas Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Haskell County Historical Society, Fairgrounds, PO Box 101, Sublette, KS 67877; (620) 675-8344
- Search for Haskell Co. records at the Kansas State Archives (kshs.org)
- Kansas State Historical Society, 6425 SW 6th Avenue, Topeka KS 66615-1099
- Kansas Genealogical Society, PO Box 103, 700 Avenue G and Vine Street, Dodge City, KS 67801
Where can I connect with other Haskell County, KS Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Kansas State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Kansas Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Haskell County, Kansas Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Haskell County, Kansas Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Haskell County, KS?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Haskell County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some call for a fee. This is simply a directory which has been gathered or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site over another.