Blaine County, Idaho
Blaine County was established on March 5, 1895 from Alturas and Logan counties.
Currently the Blaine County Seat can be found in Hailey plus the county government website is http://www.co.blaine.id.us/
Areas bordering Blaine County are Butte County, Bingham County, Power County, Cassia County, Minidoka County, Lincoln County, Camas County, Elmore County, Custer County.
Blaine County includes Federal Census Schedules to guide in exploring your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are present for 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940. There are free online and printable census forms to aid with your research.
Blaine County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Blaine County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Idaho State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Blaine County Historical Society / Museum, 213 North Main Street, Hailey, ID 83333 ; (208) 788-1801
- Ketchum-Sun Valley Historical Society, 180 1st Ave E, Ketchum, ID 83340; Phone:(208) 726-8118
- Wood River Historical Society, P.O. Box 552, Ketchum ID 83340
- Blaine County, Idaho Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Blaine County, Idaho Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Blaine County (usgwarchives.net)
Blaine County Courthouse and Government Records
Researchers often overlook the great importance of Blaine County court, probate, and land documents as a source of ancestry and genealogy information. Hidden away in Idaho courthouses and archives everywhere are the hopes and dreams and worries of the many Idaho citizens. The chances are great that your potential ancestors have left a in-depth record of at least some aspects of their lives in the Blaine County court records. Even if your forefathers is not brought up in a Court case, consider all of the other methods which could have lead to him or her appearing in court records.
- Blaine County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 106 2nd Ave S, Hailey, ID 83333
- Phone: (208) 788-5505
- Blaine County Clerk / Recorders Office
- Marriage Records: 1864
- Land Records: 1863
- Probate Records: 1883
- Court Records: 1865
- Idaho Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Idaho for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
Blaine County Links
The following are links to Genealogy and family history, Records and Resources associated to Blaine County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business oriented Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is merely a collection which has been collected or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site over another. Feel free to present your own most liked Blaine County genealogy or family history affiliated sites.
Blaine Co. ID Books, Newspapers & Publications
Blaine Co. ID Birth, Marriage & Death Records
- See Also Statewide Birth, Marriage, Divorce and Death Certificates in Idaho
- Idaho Vital Records Research Guide
- Idaho Death Records 1911-1960 (archives.com) Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
- Idaho Divorce Records 1947-1960 (archives.com) Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
- Idaho Marriage Records 1947-1960 (archives.com) Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
- Idaho, County Birth and Death Records, 1907-1920 (familysearch.org) County birth and death registers acquired for the following counties: Ada, Bannock, Bingham, Blaine, Bonner, Bonneville, Boundary, Canyon, Cassia, Clearwater, Elmore, Fremont, Kootenai, Latah, Nez Perce, Owyhee, Shoshone, Twin Falls and Washington counties. Coverage varies between counties.
- Social Security Death Index (search.ancestry.com)
Blaine Co. ID Court, Probate Land and Tax Records
Blaine Co. ID Census Records
Blaine Co. ID Cemeteries & Church Records
Blaine Co. ID Family Websites, Pictures & Histories
Blaine Co. ID General and History Websites
Blaine Co. ID Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
Blaine Co. ID Military Records
Blaine Co. ID Schools & Directories
- Idaho City Directories (search.ancestry.com) This database is a collection of city directories for various years and cities in Idaho. Generally a city directory will contain an alphabetical list of its citizens, listing the names of the heads of households, their addresses, and occupational information. Sometimes the wife's name will be listed in parentheses or italics following the husband's. Often, dates of deaths of individuals listed in the previous year's directory are listed as well as the names of partners of firms, and when possible, the forwarding addresses or post offices of people who moved to another town. In addition to the alphabetical portion, a city directory may also contain a business directory, street directory, governmental directory, and listings of town officers, schools, societies, churches, post offices, and other miscellaneous matters of general and local interest.