Baker County, Florida
Genealogy, History & Facts
Baker County, Florida Facts
When was Baker County, FL Created?
Baker County was created on February 8, 1861 from New River County.
What counties are adjacent to Bakers County, FL?
Bordering Counties are Charlton County, Georgia, Ware County, Georgia, Nassau County, Duval County, Clay County, Union County, Bradford County, Columbia County, Clinch County, Georgia.
Baker County, FL Vital Records
Where can find Baker County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Baker County vital records can be found at the Florida Office of Vital Records which has copies of Birth & Deaths reported 1917 to present and Divorce & Marriages since June 6, 1927. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Florida for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Baker County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Florida Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
Vital Records can also be found in the Baker County Health Department has copies of Birth & Death certificates. Also has computer access from 1917 to present for birth records for the entire state as well as births that occurred in this county.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- USGenweb Archives Florida Marriage Project
- Florida Marriage Collection, 1822-1875 and 1927-2001
- Florida Divorce Index, 1927-2001
- Florida Marriages, 1822-1850
- Florida Marriages, 1830-1993
- Florida Marriages, 1837-1974
- Florida Death Index, 1877-1998
- Florida Deaths and Burials, 1900-1921
- Florida Deaths, 1877-1939
Baker County, FL Census Records
What Baker County, FL census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Baker County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
There are Florida State censuses from 1867, 1875, 1885, 1935, 1945. You can get free downloadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Florida Census Records Research Guide
Baker County, FL Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Baker County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Baker County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Florida courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Florida residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Baker County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Florida Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Baker County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 339 E. Macclenny Avenue, Suite 113, Macclenny, FL 32063
- Baker County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk
- Phone: (904) 259-8113
- Marriage Records: 1877
- Land Records: 1877
- Probate Records: 1877
- Court Records: 1880
- Florida Land Records
- BLM Land Records
Baker County, FL Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Baker County, FL?
A list of Baker County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Florida Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Baker County Historical Society, P.O. Box 856, Macclenny, FL 32063
- Florida Dept of State Div of Library & Bureau of Archives & Records Management, 500 S. Bronough St., Tallahassee, FL 32399-0250
- Florida State Genealogical Society, PO Box 10249, Tallahassee, FL 32302-2249
- Florida Historical Society 1320 Highland Ave, Melbourne, FL 32935
Where can I connect with other Baker County, FL Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Florida Genealogy Community (plus.google.com)
- Florida State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Baker County, Florida Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Baker County, Florida Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Baker County, FL?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Baker County. A lot of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business oriented Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a fee. This is just a directory which has been collected or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another.