Ashley County, Arkansas
Genealogy, History & Facts
Ashley County, Arkansas Facts
When was Ashley County, AR Created?
Ashley County was established on November 30, 1848 and was formed from Chicot County, Drew County and Union County. Other county boundry changes occured when Line with Chicot changed by Act of 19 January 1861, part annexed from Bradley by Act of 21 January 1859.
Ashley County, AR Vital Records
Where can find Ashley County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Ashley County vital records can be found at the Arkansas Deptartment of Health has Birth & Death records since February 1, 1914, Marriage Records since January 1917 and Divorce Records since January 1923. You may go to the Ashley County health department to obtain a Birth or Death certificates which can be issued while you wait. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Arkansas for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Ashley County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also order Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for copies of Ashley Co. Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificates, Divorce Certificates, Death Certificates to mail.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- USGenweb Archives Arkansas Marriage Project
- Arkansas Births and Christenings, 1880-1893
- Arkansas Marriages, 1837-1944
- Arkansas Divorce Index, 1923-1939
- Arkansas, County Marriages Index, 1837-1957
- Arkansas Marriage Index, 1933-1939
- Arkansas Marriages to 1850
- Arkansas Marriages, 1779-1992
- Arkansas, Marriage Index, 1933-1939
- Arkansas Marriages, 1820-1949
- Arkansas Marriages, 1851-1900
- Arkansas Death Index, 1914-1950
Ashley County, AR Census Records
What Ashley County, AR census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Ashley County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930 and 1940.
Ashley Co. Slave Schedules can be acquired for 1850 & 1860. Ashley Co. Mortality Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Ashley Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Ashley Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. You’ll find free online and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Arkansas Census Records Research Guide
Ashley County, AR Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Ashley County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Ashley County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Arkansas courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Arkansas residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Ashley County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Arkansas Corthouse Records Research Guide.
All County Offices Records are located in the Courthouse at 205 East Jefferson Street, Hamburg 71646, unless otherwise noted.
- Ashley County Clerk of Circuit Court
- Phone: (870) 853-2030
- Court Records: 1848
- Land Records: 1848
- Ashley County Clerk
- Phone: (870) 853-2020
- Marriage Records: 1848
- Probate Records: 1849
- BLM Land Records
Ashley County, AR Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Ashley County, AR?
A list of Ashley County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Arkansas Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Arkansas History Commission, One Capitol Mall, Little Rock, AR 72201; 501.682.6900
- Arkansas Genealogical Society, 1411 Shady Grove Road, P.O. Box 908, Hot Springs, AR 71902-0908
- Arkansas Historical Association, 416 Old Main, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 72701; 479-575-5884
Where can I connect with other Ashley County, AR Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Arkansas Genealogy Community (plus.google.com)
- Arkansas State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Ashley County, Arkansas Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Ashley County
- Ashley County, Arkansas Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Ashley County, AR?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Ashley County. A lot of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a cost. This is merely a list which has been compiled or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site above another.