Lee County, Alabama
Genealogy, History & Facts
Lee County, Alabama Facts
Lee County, AL Vital Records
Where can find Lee County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Lee County vital records can be found at the Alabama Department of Public Health which has Birth And Death Records from 1908, Marriages from 1936 and Divorce Records from 1950. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Alabama for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Lee County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also order Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Certificates to mail.
Vital Records can also be found in the Lee County Health Department has Birth Records from 1916 , Death records from 1916.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- Alabama, Birth Records and Christenings, 1881-1930
- USGenweb Archives Alabama Marriage Project
- Alabama, County Marriage Records, 1809-1950
- Alabama, Death Records and Burials, 1881-1952
- Alabama, Death Records, 1908-1974
- Alabama, Marriages, 1816-1957
- Alabama Marriage Records, 1800-1969 Database
- Alabama Marriage Records to 1825
- Alabama Death Records, 1908-59
Lee County, AL Census Records
What Lee County, AL census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Lee County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
There are Alabama State censuses from 1820-1866. Also two Alabama Census of Confederate Soldiers for 1907 and 1921. You can find free down-loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Alabama Census Records Research Guide
Lee County, AL Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Lee County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Lee County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Alabama courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Alabama residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Lee County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Alabama Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Lee County Clerk of Circuit Court
- Address: P.O. Box 2266, Opelika, AL 36803-2266
- Phone: (334) 749-7141
- Court Records: 1867
- Divorce Records:
- Lee County Clerk of Probate Court
- Address: 215 S 9th St, Opelika, AL 36801-0666
- Phone: (334) 749-7141
- Marriage Records: 1867 (Marriages issued prior to 1936)
- Probate Records: 1867
- Land Records: 1867
- Alabama, Homestead and Cash Entry Patents, Pre-1908
- Index to Alabama Wills, 1808-1870
- Alabama, Convict Records, 1886-1952
- Alabama, Voter Registration Records, 1867
- Lee County USGenWeb Archives Project
- BLM Land Records
Lee County, AL Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Lee County, AL?
A list of Lee County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Alabama Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Lee County Historical Society, Po Box 206, Loachapoka, AL 36865; Publication: Trails in History
- Auburn Heritage Association, P.O. Box 2248, Auburn, AL 36830
- ALLEE. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Lee County, Alabama. To subscribe send “subscribe” to [email protected] (mail mode) or [email protected] (digest mode).
- ALLee-Rooters. A mailing list for anyone with a historic or genealogical interest in Lee County, Alabama. Surname queries are welcome. To subscribe send the following to [email protected]: subscribe
- Alabama Genealogical Society, c/o Samford University Library, AGS Depository and Headquarters, 800 Lakeshore Drive, P.O. Box 2296, Birmingham, AL 35229-0001
- Alabama Department of Archives & History, 624 Washington Avenue, Montgomery, Alabama 36130-0100; Phone: (334) 242-4435
Where can I connect with other Lee County, AL Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Alabama Genealogy Community (plus.google.com)
- Alabama State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Lee County, Alabama Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Lee County
- Lee County, Alabama Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Lee County, AL?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Lee County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a fee. This is just a list that has been compiled or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.