Dale County, Alabama
Genealogy, History & Facts
Dale County, Alabama Facts
What is the County Seat of Dale County, AL?
The Dale County Seat was located at Dale Court House, which later became Daleville. An election in 1870 resulted in the removal of the county seat to Ozark. In addition the county government website is http://www.dalecountyal.org/
Dale County, AL Vital Records
Where can find Dale County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Dale County vital records can be found at the Alabama Department of Public Health which has Birth And Death Records from 1908, Marriages from 1936 and Divorce Records from 1950. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Alabama for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Dale County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also order Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Certificates to mail.
Vital Records can also be found in the Dale County Health Department has Birth Records from 1919 , Death records from 1920.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- Alabama, Birth Records and Christenings, 1881-1930
- USGenweb Archives Alabama Marriage Project
- Alabama, County Marriage Records, 1809-1950
- Alabama, Death Records and Burials, 1881-1952
- Alabama, Death Records, 1908-1974
- Alabama, Marriages, 1816-1957
- Alabama Marriage Records, 1800-1969 Database
- Alabama Marriage Records to 1825
- Alabama Death Records, 1908-59
Dale County, AL Census Records
What Dale County, AL census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Dale County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Dale Co. Slave Schedules can be obtained for 1850 & 1860. Dale Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Dale Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Dale Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890.
There are Alabama State censuses from 1820-1866. Also two Alabama Census of Confederate Soldiers for 1907 and 1921. You can find free down-loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Alabama Census Records Research Guide
Dale County, AL Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Dale County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Dale County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Alabama courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Alabama residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Dale County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Alabama Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Dale County Clerk of Circuit Court
- Address: P.O. Box 246, Ozark, AL 36361-0246
- Phone: (334) 774-2754, (205) 774-6025
- Court Records: 1884
- Divorce Records:
- Dale County Clerk of Probate Court
- Address: P.O. Box 246, Ozark, AL 36361-0246
- Phone: (334) 774-2754
- Marriage Records: 1884 (Marriages issued prior to 1936)
- Probate Records: 1895
- Land Records: 1884
- Alabama, Homestead and Cash Entry Patents, Pre-1908
- Index to Alabama Wills, 1808-1870
- Alabama, Convict Records, 1886-1952
- Alabama, Voter Registration Records, 1867
- Dale County USGenWeb Archives Project
- BLM Land Records
Dale County, AL Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Dale County, AL?
A list of Dale County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Alabama Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Dale County Historical Society, , PO Box 1231, Ozark, AL 36361
- Southeast Alabama Genealogical Society, Box 246, Dothan, AL 36302-0246, Publication: Wiregrass Roots
- Ozark Public Library, Phone 334-774-5480
- ALDALE. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Dale County, Alabama. To subscribe send “subscribe” to email@example.com (mail mode) or firstname.lastname@example.org (digest mode).
- Alabama Genealogical Society, c/o Samford University Library, AGS Depository and Headquarters, 800 Lakeshore Drive, P.O. Box 2296, Birmingham, AL 35229-0001
- Alabama Department of Archives & History, 624 Washington Avenue, Montgomery, Alabama 36130-0100; Phone: (334) 242-4435
Where can I connect with other Dale County, AL Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Alabama Genealogy Community (plus.google.com)
- Alabama State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Dale County, Alabama Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Dale County
- Dale County, Alabama Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Dale County, AL?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Dale County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a fee. This is just a list that has been compiled or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.