Bullock County, Alabama
Genealogy, History & Facts
Bullock County, Alabama Facts
What is the County Seat of Bullock County, AL?
The County Seat is located in Union Springs (was chosen as the county seat in 1867) and in addition the county government website is unknown
What cities and towns are in Bullock County, AL
Cities and towns located in the County include Midway, Union Springs.
Bullock County, AL Vital Records
Where can find Bullock County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Bullock County vital records can be found at theAlabama Department of Public Health which has Birth And Death Records from 1908, Marriages from 1936 and Divorce Records from 1950. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Alabama for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Bullock County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also order Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Certificates to mail.
Vital Records can also be found in the Bullock County Health Department has Birth and Death Records from 1908.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- Alabama, Birth Records and Christenings, 1881-1930
- USGenweb Archives Alabama Marriage Project
- Alabama, County Marriage Records, 1809-1950
- Alabama, Death Records and Burials, 1881-1952
- Alabama, Death Records, 1908-1974
- Alabama, Marriages, 1816-1957
- Alabama Marriage Records, 1800-1969 Database
- Alabama Marriage Records to 1825
- Alabama Death Records, 1908-59
Bullock County, AL Census Records
What Bullock County, AL census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Bullock County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Bullock Co. Slave Schedules can be obtained for 1850 & 1860. Bullock Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Bullock Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Bullock Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890.
There are Alabama State censuses from 1820-1866. Also two Alabama Census of Confederate Soldiers for 1907 and 1921. You can find free down-loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Alabama Census Records Research Guide
Bullock County, AL Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Bullock County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Bullock County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Alabama courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Alabama residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Bullock County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Alabama Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Bullock County Clerk of Circuit Court
- Address:P.O. Box 71, Union Springs, AL 36089-0071
- Phone: (334) 738-2250
- Court Records: 1867
- Divorce Records:
- Bullock County Clerk of Probate Court
- Address: P.O. Box 71, Union Springs, AL 36089-0071
- Phone: (334) 738-2250
- Marriage Records: 1867 (Marriages issued prior to 1936)
- Probate Records: 1867
- Land Records: 1867
- Alabama, Homestead and Cash Entry Patents, Pre-1908
- Index to Alabama Wills, 1808-1870
- Alabama, Convict Records, 1886-1952
- Alabama, Voter Registration Records, 1867
- Bullock County USGenWeb Archives Project
- BLM Land Records
Bullock County, AL Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Bullock County, AL?
A list of Bullock County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Alabama Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Bullock County Historical Society, Box 563, Union Springs, AL 36089, Publication: BCHS Newsletter
- Union Springs Public Library, Phone 334-738-2760
- ALBULLOC. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Bullock County, Alabama. To subscribe send “subscribe” to [email protected] (mail mode) or [email protected] (digest mode).
- Alabama Genealogical Society, c/o Samford University Library, AGS Depository and Headquarters, 800 Lakeshore Drive, P.O. Box 2296, Birmingham, AL 35229-0001
- Alabama Department of Archives & History, 624 Washington Avenue, Montgomery, Alabama 36130-0100; Phone: (334) 242-4435
Where can I connect with other Bullock County, AL Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Alabama Genealogy Community (plus.google.com)
- Alabama State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Bullock County, Alabama Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Bullock County, Alabama Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Bullock County, AL?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Bullock County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a fee. This is just a list that has been compiled or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.