Baldwin County, Alabama
Genealogy, History & Facts
Baldwin County, Alabama Facts
When was Baldwin County, AL Created?
Baldwin County was created on Dec. 21, 1809 by the Mississippi Territorial legislature from territory taken from Washington County and West Florida.
What is the County Seat of Baldwin County, AL?
The County Seat is located in MacIntosh Bluff, Blakeley, and Daphne each served for a time as county seat, In 1901 it was moved to Bay Minette. and in addition the county government website is http://www.co.baldwin.al.us
Baldwin County, AL Vital Records
Where can find Baldwin County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Baldwin County vital records can be found at the Alabama Department of Public Health which has Birth And Death Records from 1908, Marriages from 1936 and Divorce Records from 1950. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Alabama for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Baldwin County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also order Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Certificates to mail.
Vital Records can also be found in the Baldwin County Health Department has Births from Mar 1908-Feb 1916, delayed birth Cert. rec. 1871-1928; Death From Mar 1908-Feb 1916.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- Alabama, Birth Records and Christenings, 1881-1930
- USGenweb Archives Alabama Marriage Project
- Alabama, County Marriage Records, 1809-1950
- Alabama, Death Records and Burials, 1881-1952
- Alabama, Death Records, 1908-1974
- Alabama, Marriages, 1816-1957
- Alabama Marriage Records, 1800-1969 Database
- Alabama Marriage Records to 1825
- Alabama Death Records, 1908-59
Baldwin County, AL Census Records
What Baldwin County, AL census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Baldwin County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1800, 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Baldwin Co. Slave Schedules can be obtained for 1850 & 1860. Baldwin Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Baldwin Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Baldwin Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890.
There are Alabama State censuses from 1820-1866. Also two Alabama Census of Confederate Soldiers for 1907 and 1921. You can find free down-loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Alabama Census Records Research Guide
Baldwin County, AL Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Baldwin County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Baldwin County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Alabama courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Alabama residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Baldwin County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Alabama Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Baldwin County Clerk of Circuit Court
- Address: 312 Courthouse Square, Suite 10, Bay Minette, AL 36507
- Phone:(334) 937-0370
- Court Records: 1811
- Divorce Records: ?
- Baldwin County Clerk of Probate Court
- Address: One Court House Square, Post Office Box 459, Bay Minette, Alabama 36507
- Phone:Probate Court: (251) 937-0399, Fax: (251) 937-0281.
- Marriage Records: 1819 (Marriages issued prior to 1936)
- Probate Records: 1810
- Land Records: 1809
- Alabama, Homestead and Cash Entry Patents, Pre-1908
- Index to Alabama Wills, 1808-1870
- Alabama, Convict Records, 1886-1952
- Alabama, Voter Registration Records, 1867
- Baldwin County USGenWeb Archives Project
- BLM Land Records
Baldwin County, AL Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Baldwin County, AL?
A list of Baldwin County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Alabama Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Baldwin County Genealogical Society, PO Box 108 Foley, Alabama 36536-0108;
- Baldwin County Historical Society, PO Box 69, Stockton, AL 36579
- Foley Public Library – 319 E. Laurel (Hwy. 98), Foley, Alabama 36535-2680; Fax: 251.943.8637, Ph: 251.943.7665
- Alabama Genealogical Society, c/o Samford University Library, AGS Depository and Headquarters, 800 Lakeshore Drive, P.O. Box 2296, Birmingham, AL 35229-0001
- Alabama Department of Archives & History, 624 Washington Avenue, Montgomery, Alabama 36130-0100; Phone: (334) 242-4435
Where can I connect with other Baldwin County, AL Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Alabama Genealogy Community (plus.google.com)
- Alabama State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Baldwin County, Alabama Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Baldwin County, Alabama Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Baldwin County, AL?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Baldwin County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a fee. This is just a list that has been compiled or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.
Baldwin Co. AL Books, Newspapers & Publications
Baldwin Co. AL Cemeteries & Church Records
Baldwin Co. AL Family Websites, Pictures & Histories
Baldwin Co. AL General and History Websites
Baldwin Co. AL Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
Baldwin Co. AL Military Records