Waushara County, Wisconsin
Genealogy, History & Facts
Waushara County, Wisconsin Facts
When was Waushara County, WI Created?
Waushara County was created on February 15, 1851 from Marquette County.
Waushara County, WI Vital Records
Where can find Waushara County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Waushara County vital records can be found at the Wisconsin Office of Vital Records has copies of Birth, Marriage, Divorce & Death Records reported since 1907. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Wisconsin for current fees and application process..
You can search online for Waushara County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Wisconsin Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Application to mail.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- USGenweb Archives Wisconsin Marriage Project
- Earliest Registration Dates by County
- Pre-1907 Birth Index
- Wisconsin, Births and Christenings, 1826-1926
- Wisconsin, Divorce Index, 1965-1984
- Wisconsin Marriage Index 1852-1907
- Wisconsin Marriage Index (selected entries pre-1907)
- Wisconsin, Marriage Index, 1973-1997
- Wisconsin, Marriages, 1836-1930
- Pre-1892 Wisconsin Brides and/or Grooms from Maine State Archives Cards
- Wisconsin, Deaths and Burials, 1835-1968
- Pre-1907 Death Index
- 1959-1979 Death Index
- 1979-1984 Death Index
Waushara County, WI Census Records
What Waushara County, WI census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Waushara County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1860, 1870, 1880, 1890 (fragment, see below), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930 and 1940.
Waushara Co. Mortality Schedules can be obtained for 1860, 1870 and 1880. Waushara Co. Industry and Agriculture can be found for 1860, 1870 and 1880. Waushara Co. Union Veterans Schedules is available for 1890. One can find free down-loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research.
There are Wisconsin State censuses from 1895 and 1905. Also the Wisconsin Compiled Census and Census Substitutes Index for 1820-1890. You can find free down-loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Wisconsin Census Records Research Guide
Waushara County, WI Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Waushara County Courthouse?
The below facts shows exactly what death, marriage, birth, property, wills, and court records are typically in Waushara County.The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Waushara County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 209 S. St. Marie Street, Wautoma, WI 54982; Phone: 920.787.0442
- County was attached to Marquette County for judicial purposes from 1851–52. Some early records may be found there.
- Waushara County Register of Deeds
- Phone: 920-787-0444
- Birth Records: 1859
- Marriage Records: 1852
- Death Records: 1876
- Land Records: 1852
- Waushara County Register in Probate Office
- Phone: 920-787-0448
- Probate Records:1854
- Waushara County Clerk of Court Office
- Phone: (920) 787-0441
- Court Records: 1868
- Public Records of the Consolidated Court Automation Programs provides access to certain public records of the circuit courts of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin, Probate Estate Files, 1848-1935
- U.S., Indexed Early Land Ownership and Township Plats, 1785-1898
- BLM Land Records
Waushara County, WI Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Waushara County, WI?
A list of Waushara County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Wisconsin Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Area Research Center – University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point, James H. Albertson Library, Stevens Point, WI 54481; Phone: 715/346-2586
- Waushara County Historical Society& Genealogy Society , PO Box 616, 212 S St Marie, Wautoma, WI 54982; Phone: 920-787-7584
- Wild Rose Historical Society, PO Box 63, Wild Rose, WI 54984; Phone: 920-622-3575
- Wisconsin Area Research Center Network
- State Historical Society of Wisconsin, 816 State Street, Madison, WI 53706-1488
- Wisconsin State Genealogical Society, PO Box 5106, Madison, WI 53705
- Wisconsin Genealogy Index (wisconsinhistory.org) Search for pre-1907 Vital Records, as well as for 150,000 Wisconsin Name Index (WNI) records, including biographical sketches, obituaries, and newspaper articles published before 2000.
Where can I connect with other Waushara County, WI Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Wisconsin State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Waushara County, Wisconsin Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Waushara County
- Waushara County, Wisconsin Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Waushara County, WI?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Waushara County. Many of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business oriented Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a cost. This is just a listing which has been collected or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.