Asotin County, Washington
Asotin County was founded on October 27, 1883 from Garfield County.
Asotin County vital records can be found at the Washington Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Washington for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Asotin County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Washington Birth or Death Certificate and Marriage or Divorce Certificate Applications to mail.
Asotin County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Asotin County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Washington State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Washington State Archives, Eastern Washington Regional Archives, 960 Washington Street, Cheney, Washington 99004; Telephone: (509)235-7508. On the campus of Eastern Washington University in Cheney
- Asotin County Historical Society, 215 Filmore, Asotin, WA 99402 509-243-4659 Collections include an oral histories, early Post Office records of Asotin and Garfield counties, an obituary file, indexed form 1886 -1926, updated to present. Has cemetery records of 47 different cemeteries in Asotin and Garfield counties, and personal files on many early residents. The photograph collection includes early Asotin County buildings, communities, residents, farms, ranches and the early schools of Asotin and Garfield counties, and Oregon’s Wallowa County.
- Twin Rivers Genealogical Society, PO 386, Lewiston, ID 83501-2824. Society maintains a Pacific Northwest and regional history collection, fiction and non-fiction works by local authors, genealogical journals, city directory/telephone book collection, Lewiston, Idaho newspapers on microfilm, some census records, and surname indexes.
- Asotin Chamber of Commerce, PO Box 574, Asotin, WA 99402. Phone 509-243-4242. Fax 509- 243-4123.
- Lewis Clark Valley Chamber of Commerce, 502 E Bridge St, Clarkston, WA 99403. Phone 509-758-7712.
- Hells Canyon Visitor Association, 800 Port Dr, Clarkston, WA 99403. Phone 509-758-7489.
- Asotin County, Washington Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Asotin County, Washington Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- Washington State Digital Archives (digitalarchives.wa.gov)
- USGenWeb Archives for Asotin County (usgwarchives.net)
Asotin County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist often forget the benefits of Asotin County court, probate, and land files as a source of genealogy information and facts. Buried away in Washington courthouses and archives everywhere tend to be the desires and frustrations of countless Washington men and women.
The possibilities are great that your ancestors have left a in-depth record of at least a few factors of their lives in the Asotin County court records. Even if your forebears is not discussed in a Court case, contemplate all of the other methods which could have lead to her or him appearing in court records.
The dates pointed out below could be the first noted records for this particular county.
- Asotin County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 135 2nd St, Asotin, WA 99402
- Courthouse hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Asotin County Auditor
- Birth and Death Records: 1891 to 1907
- Marriage Records: 1891
- Land Records: 1893
- Asotin County Clerk
- Court Records: 1885
- Probate Records: 1886
Asotin County Links
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Asotin County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a fee. This is simply a directory that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to present your own favorite Asotin County genealogy or family history affiliated sites.