Sherman County, Texas
Genealogy, History & Facts
Sherman County, Texas Facts
When was Sherman County, TX Created?
Allen County was created on August 21, 1876 (organized on June 1889 ) from Young Territory.
Sherman County, TX Vital Records
Where can find Sherman County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Sherman County vital records can be found at the Texas Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records reported from 1903. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Texas for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Sherman County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Texas Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Verification Application to mail.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- Texas Birth Records 1927-2010
- Texas, Birth Certificates, 1903-1935
- Texas, Births and Christenings, 1840-1981
- Texas, County Marriage Index, 1837-1977
- Texas Marriage Records 1966 to 2008
- Texas, Marriages, 1837-1973
- Texas, Marriages, 1966-2010
- Texas Divorce Records 1968 to 2008
- Texas Death Records 1964-2010
- Texas, Deaths and Burials, 1903-1973
- Texas, Deaths, 1890-1976
- Texas, Deaths, 1977-1986
Sherman County, TX Census Records
What Sherman County, TX census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Sherman County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Another census resource is the Texas, Compiled Census and Census Substitutes Index from 1820-1890. One can find free online and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Texas Census Records Research Guide.
Sherman County, TX Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Sherman County Courthouse?
The below facts shows exactly what death, marriage, birth, property, wills, and court records are typically in Sherman County. The years listed below are the first noted records with this county. See Also Texas Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Sherman County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: P.O. Box 270, Stratford 79084
- Sherman County Clerk
- Phone: (806) 366-2371
- Birth & Death Records: 1903
- Marriage Records: 1889
- Land Records: 1889
- Probate Records: 1889
- Court Records:1889
- Texas, County Tax Rolls, 1846-1910
- Texas Land Title Abstracts
- BLM Land Records
Sherman County, TX Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Sherman County, TX?
A list of Sherman County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Texas Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Sherman Co. Records Available on Microfilm (tsl.state.tx.us)
- Texas State Library and Archives Commission, P.O. Box 12927, Austin, TX 78711-2927
- Texas Genealogical Society, 2505 Beluche Drive, Galveston 77551
Where can I connect with other Sherman County, TX Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Texas Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Texas State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Sherman County, Texas Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Sherman County, Texas Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Sherman County, TX?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Sherman County.