Martin County, Texas
Genealogy, History & Facts
Martin County, Texas Facts
When was Martin County, TX Created?
Allen County was created on August 21, 1876 (organized on November 1884 ) from Young Territory .
What is the County Seat of Martin County, TX?
The County Seat is located in Stanton also, the county government website is unknown.
Martin County, TX Vital Records
Where can find Martin County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Martin County vital records can be found at the Texas Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records reported from 1903. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Texas for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Martin County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Texas Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Verification Application to mail.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- Texas Birth Records 1927-2010
- Texas, Birth Certificates, 1903-1935
- Texas, Births and Christenings, 1840-1981
- Texas, County Marriage Index, 1837-1977
- Texas Marriage Records 1966 to 2008
- Texas, Marriages, 1837-1973
- Texas, Marriages, 1966-2010
- Texas Divorce Records 1968 to 2008
- Texas Death Records 1964-2010
- Texas, Deaths and Burials, 1903-1973
- Texas, Deaths, 1890-1976
- Texas, Deaths, 1977-1986
Martin County, TX Census Records
What Martin County, TX census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Martin County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Another census resource is the Texas, Compiled Census and Census Substitutes Index from 1820-1890. One can find free online and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Texas Census Records Research Guide.
Martin County, TX Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Martin County Courthouse?
The below facts shows exactly what death, marriage, birth, property, wills, and court records are typically in Martin County. The years listed below are the first noted records with this county. See Also Texas Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Martin County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: Box 906, Stanton 79782
- Martin County Clerk
- Phone: (432) 756-3412
- Birth & Death Records: 1903
- Marriage Records: 1885
- Land Records: 1885
- Probate Records: 1885
- Court Records: 1885
- Texas, County Tax Rolls, 1846-1910
- Texas Land Title Abstracts
- BLM Land Records
Martin County, TX Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Martin County, TX?
A list of Martin County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Texas Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Martin Co. Records Available on Microfilm (tsl.state.tx.us)
- Texas State Library and Archives Commission, P.O. Box 12927, Austin, TX 78711-2927
- Texas Genealogical Society, 2505 Beluche Drive, Galveston 77551
Where can I connect with other Martin County, TX Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Texas Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Texas State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Martin County, Texas Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Martin County, Texas Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Martin County, TX?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Martin County.