Lamar County, Texas
Genealogy, History & Facts
Lamar County, Texas Facts
When was Lamar County, TX Created?
Allen County was created on December 17, 1840 from Red River County.
Lamar County, TX Vital Records
Where can find Lamar County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Lamar County vital records can be found at the Texas Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records reported from 1903. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Texas for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Lamar County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Texas Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Verification Application to mail.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- Texas Birth Records 1927-2010
- Texas, Birth Certificates, 1903-1935
- Texas, Births and Christenings, 1840-1981
- Texas, County Marriage Index, 1837-1977
- Texas Marriage Records 1966 to 2008
- Texas, Marriages, 1837-1973
- Texas, Marriages, 1966-2010
- Texas Divorce Records 1968 to 2008
- Texas Death Records 1964-2010
- Texas, Deaths and Burials, 1903-1973
- Texas, Deaths, 1890-1976
- Texas, Deaths, 1977-1986
Lamar County, TX Census Records
What Lamar County, TX census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Lamar County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Lamar Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Lamar Co. Industry and Agriculture can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Lamar Co. Union Veterans Schedules is available for 1890. The Slave Schedules exist for 1850 & 1860.
Another census resource is the Texas, Compiled Census and Census Substitutes Index from 1820-1890. One can find free online and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Texas Census Records Research Guide.
Lamar County, TX Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Lamar County Courthouse?
The below facts shows exactly what death, marriage, birth, property, wills, and court records are typically in Lamar County. The years listed below are the first noted records with this county. See Also Texas Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Lamar County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 119 N. Main, Paris 75460
- Lamar County Clerk
- Phone: (903) 737-2420
- Birth & Death Records: 1903
- Marriage Records: 1841
- Land Records: 1838
- Probate Records: 1841
- Court Records: 1863
- Texas, County Tax Rolls, 1846-1910
- Texas Land Title Abstracts
- BLM Land Records
Lamar County, TX Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Lamar County, TX?
A list of Lamar County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Texas Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Lamar County Genealogical Society, 2400 Clarksville St. 187, Paris 75460
- Texas State Archives Regional Historical Resource Depository, Learning Resource Center, Paris Junior College, Paris, TX 75460-6298
- Lamar Co. Records Available on Microfilm (tsl.state.tx.us)
- Texas State Library and Archives Commission, P.O. Box 12927, Austin, TX 78711-2927
- Texas Genealogical Society, 2505 Beluche Drive, Galveston 77551
Where can I connect with other Lamar County, TX Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Texas Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Texas State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Lamar County, Texas Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Lamar County, Texas Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Lamar County, TX?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Lamar County.