Burnet County, Texas
Genealogy, History & Facts
Burnet County, Texas Facts
Burnet County, TX Vital Records
Where can find Burnet County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Burnet County vital records can be found at the Texas Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records reported from 1903. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Texas for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Burnet County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Texas Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Verification Application to mail.
- Texas, Burnet County Birth Records 1800-1926
- Texas, Burnet County Death Records 1800-1964
- Texas, Burnet County Marriage Records 1800-2010
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- Texas Birth Records 1927-2010
- Texas, Birth Certificates, 1903-1935
- Texas, Births and Christenings, 1840-1981
- Texas, County Marriage Index, 1837-1977
- Texas Marriage Records 1966 to 2008
- Texas, Marriages, 1837-1973
- Texas, Marriages, 1966-2010
- Texas Divorce Records 1968 to 2008
- Texas Death Records 1964-2010
- Texas, Deaths and Burials, 1903-1973
- Texas, Deaths, 1890-1976
- Texas, Deaths, 1977-1986
Burnet County, TX Census Records
What Burnet County, TX census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Burnet County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Burnet Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1860, 1870 and 1880. Burnet Co. Industry and Agriculture can be obtained for 1860, 1870 and 1880. Burnet Co. Union Veterans Schedules is available for 1890. The Slave Schedules exist for 1860.
Another census resource is the Texas, Compiled Census and Census Substitutes Index from 1820-1890. One can find free online and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Texas Census Records Research Guide.
Burnet County, TX Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Burnet County Courthouse?
The below facts shows exactly what death, marriage, birth, property, wills, and court records are typically in Burnet County. The years listed below are the first noted records with this county. See Also Texas Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Burnet County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 220 South Pierce St., Burnet 78611
- Burnet County Clerk
- Phone: (512) 756-5406
- Birth & Death Records: 1903
- Marriage Records: 1852
- Land Records: 1852
- Probate Records: 1852
- Court Records: 1867
- Texas, County Tax Rolls, 1846-1910
- Texas Land Title Abstracts
- BLM Land Records
Burnet County, TX Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Burnet County, TX?
A list of Burnet County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Texas Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Burnet County Genealogical Society, 100 E. Washington St., Burnet 78811
- Adam R. Johnson Chapter 2498, United Daughters of the Confederacy
- Burnet Co. Records Available on Microfilm (tsl.state.tx.us)
- Texas State Library and Archives Commission, P.O. Box 12927, Austin, TX 78711-2927
- Texas Genealogical Society, 2505 Beluche Drive, Galveston 77551
Where can I connect with other Burnet County, TX Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Texas Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Texas State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Burnet County, Texas Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Burnet County, Texas Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Burnet County, TX?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Burnet County.