Scott County, Tennessee
Scott County, Tennessee Facts
When was Scott County, TN Created?
What is the County Seat of Scott County, TN?
What counties are adjacent to Scott County, TN?
Scott County Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Scott County Courthouse?
The following information and facts indicates whatever birth, death, marriage, land, wills, and courtroom records will be in Scott County or in the Tennessee State Library & Archives. The dates indicated below could be the first widely known documents for this county.
- Scott County Clerk
- Address: P.O. Box 87, 283 Court St., Huntsville, TN 37756
- Phone: (423) 663-2588
- Marriage Records: 1854
- Probate Records: 1892
- Scott County Register of Deeds
- Address: P.O. Box 61, Huntsville, TN 37756
- Phone: (423) 663-2417
- Land & Deed Records: 1850
- Scott County Clerk of Circuit Court
- Address: 575 Scott High Drive, Huntsville, TN 37756-0330
- Phone: 423-663-2440
- Chancery Court Minutes: 1858
- Circuit Court Minutes: 1850
- County Court Minutes: 1856
Where can find Scott County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Scott County vital records can be found at the Tennessee Department of Health (VDH) Office of Vital Records which has copies for copies of birth certificates, marriage licenses and divorce decrees. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Tennessee for current fees and application process.
Marriage license records are available from the county clerk who issued the marriage license. Court divorce orders may be obtained from the clerk of the court that granted the divorce.
You can search online for Scott County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Tennessee Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificates to mail.
What Scott County, TN census records are available?
Scott Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Scott Co. Industry and Agriculture can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Scott Co. Union Veterans Schedules is available for 1890. The Slave Schedules exist for 1850 & 1860. One can find free online and printable census forms to help you with your research.
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Scott County, TN?
Scott County Genealogy Resources
Where can I connect with other Scott County, TN Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Tennessee Genealogy Community (plus.google.com)
- Tennessee State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Scott County, Tennessee Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Scott County
- Scott County, Tennessee Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- Genealogical “Fact Sheets” About Scott County (tn.gov) The purpose of these fact sheets is to help determine what sources are available for genealogical research about the people and places in Scott County. Although this is by no means an exhaustive list of all the possible places one might search, it does cover the major publications and microfilms available at TSLA on the Scott County.
What other genealogical resources are available in Scott County, TN?
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relevant to Scott County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business oriented Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some call for a payment. This is merely a collection which has been collected or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another. Feel free to suggest your own most popular Scott County genealogy or family history affiliated sites.