Humphreys County, Tennessee
Humphreys County, Tennessee Facts
When was Humphreys County, TN Created?
Humphreys County was founded on October 19, 1809 from Stewart County.
What is the County Seat of Humphreys County, TN?
What counties are adjacent to Humphreys County, TN?
Humphreys County Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Humphreys County Courthouse?
The following information and facts indicates whatever birth, death, marriage, land, wills, and courtroom records will be in Humphreys County or in the Tennessee State Library & Archives. The dates indicated below could be the first widely known documents for this county.
- Humphreys County Clerk
- Address: Room 2, Rawlings Building, 102 Thompson Street, Waverly, TN 37185
- Phone: (931) 296-7671
- Marriage Records: 1862
- Probate Records: 1837
- Humphreys County Register of Deeds
- Address: 102 Thompson Street, Waverly, TN 37185
- Phone: (931) 296-7681
- Land & Deed Records: 1810
- Humphreys County Clerk of Circuit Court
- Address: 100 North Court Square, Room 106, Waverly, TN 37185
- Phone: 931-296-2461
- Chancery Court Minutes: 1898
- Circuit Court Minutes: 1898
- County Court Minutes: 1842
Where can find Humphreys County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Humphreys County vital records can be found at the Tennessee Department of Health (VDH) Office of Vital Records which has copies for copies of birth certificates, marriage licenses and divorce decrees. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Tennessee for current fees and application process.
Marriage license records are available from the county clerk who issued the marriage license. Court divorce orders may be obtained from the clerk of the court that granted the divorce.
You can search online for Humphreys County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Tennessee Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificates to mail.
What Humphreys County, TN census records are available?
Humphreys Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Humphreys Co. Industry and Agriculture can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Humphreys Co. Union Veterans Schedules is available for 1890. The Slave Schedules exist for 1850 & 1860. One can find free online and printable census forms to help you with your research.
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Humphreys County, TN?
- Humphreys County Archives, 122 Wilson Ridge Road, Waverly, TN 37185; Phone: (931) 296-5313
Humphreys County Genealogy Resources
Where can I connect with other Humphreys County, TN Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Tennessee Genealogy Community (plus.google.com)
- Tennessee State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Humphreys County, Tennessee Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Humphreys County
- Humphreys County, Tennessee Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- Genealogical “Fact Sheets” About Humphreys County (tn.gov) The purpose of these fact sheets is to help determine what sources are available for genealogical research about the people and places in Humphreys County. Although this is by no means an exhaustive list of all the possible places one might search, it does cover the major publications and microfilms available at TSLA on the Humphreys County.
What other genealogical resources are available in Humphreys County, TN?
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relevant to Humphreys County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business oriented Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some call for a payment. This is merely a collection which has been collected or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another. Feel free to suggest your own most popular Humphreys County genealogy or family history affiliated sites.