Todd County, South Dakota
Todd County was established on March 09, 1909 from the now extinct Meyer County, and Tripp County.
Currently the Todd County Seat is located in Winner and the county government website is unknown
Todd County has Federal Census Schedules to help in researching your family tree. Federal government Population Schedules are present for 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940. There are free down-loadable not to mention printable census forms to help with your research.
Todd County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Todd County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
Todd County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist often overlook the benefits of Todd County court, probate, and land files as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy details. Hidden away in South Dakota courthouses and archives just about everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of the many South Dakota residents.
The odds are very good that your potential forefathers have left a comprehensive record of at least quite a few elements of their lives in the Todd County court records. Even if your forefathers is not referred to in a Court case, take into consideration all of the other procedures which could have lead to him or her to appear in court records.
- Haakon County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 200 East 3rd Street, Winner, SD 57580
- Phone: 605-842-2266
- Todd County Register of Deeds
- Marriage Records: ?
- Land Records: 1909?
- Todd County Clerk of Court.
- Probate Records: 1909?
- Court Records: 1909?
- South Dakota Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in South Dakota for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
Todd County Links
The following are web links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relating to Todd County. Each of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a payment. This is simply a directory which has been gathered or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to furnish your own most liked Todd County genealogy or family history associated sites.