Kingsbury County, South Dakota
Kingsbury County was established on January 08, 1873 (organized in 1880) from Hanson County.
Currently the Kingsbury County Seat is located in De Smet and the county government website is unknown
Kingsbury County has Federal Census Schedules to help in researching your family tree. Federal government Population Schedules are present for 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Kingsbury Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1880. Kingsbury Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be found for 1880. Kingsbury Co. Union Veterans Schedules is available for 1890. There are free down-loadable not to mention printable census forms to help with your research.
Kingsbury County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Kingsbury County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- South Dakota State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Kingsbury Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 328, DeSmet, SD 57231
- Kingsbury County, South Dakota Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Kingsbury County, South Dakota Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Kingsbury County (usgwarchives.net)
Kingsbury County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist often overlook the benefits of Kingsbury County court, probate, and land files as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy details. Hidden away in South Dakota courthouses and archives just about everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of the many South Dakota residents.
The odds are very good that your potential forefathers have left a comprehensive record of at least quite a few elements of their lives in the Kingsbury County court records. Even if your forefathers is not referred to in a Court case, take into consideration all of the other procedures which could have lead to him or her to appear in court records.
The following indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Kingsbury county. The dates indicated below are the first known records for this county which may include records of land, estates, taxes, vital records, divorces, naturalizations, voter registration, court records, and so forth.
- Haakon County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 202 2nd Street SW, De Smet, SD 57231
- Phone: (605) 854-3501
- Kingsbury County Register of Deeds
- Marriage Records: 1887
- Land Records: 1873?
- Kingsbury County Clerk of Court.
- Probate Records: 1873?
- Court Records: 1873?
- South Dakota Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in South Dakota for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
Kingsbury County Links
The following are web links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relating to Kingsbury County. Each of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a payment. This is simply a directory which has been gathered or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to furnish your own most liked Kingsbury County genealogy or family history associated sites.