South Carolina History & Facts
Clarendon County, South Carolina Facts
When was Clarendon County, SC Created?
Clarendon County was established on 1855 from Sumter County (was first created in 1785 but in 1800 it became part of Sumter District).
Clarendon County, SC Vital Records
Where can find Clarendon County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Clarendon County vital records can be found at the South Carolina Department of Health has copies of birth records after 1913 and death records after 1930, copies of marriage since Jan 1962 and a Divorce records since 1958. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in South Carolina for current fees and application process.
Clarendon County Health Department has birth and death records from January 01, 1915. Marriage records prior to 1950 are available from the Probate Court office. Divorce records since April 1949 are available from the County Clerk’s office. There were no South Carolina birth or Death “certificates” before January 01, 1915
You can search online for Clarendon County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for South Carolina Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Application to mail.
Clarendon County, SC Census Records
What Clarendon County, SC census records are available?
County census records consists of Federal Census Schedules to aid in finding out about your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1790-1890, 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Clarendon Co. Slave Schedules can be acquired for 1850 & 1860. Clarendon Co. Mortality Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Clarendon Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Clarendon Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. One can find free downloadable not to mention printable census forms to help you with your research.
Clarendon County, SC Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Clarendon County Courthouse?
The below facts shows exactly what death, marriage, birth, property, wills, and court records are typically in Clarendon County. The dates suggested below are the first recognized records data with this county.
- Clarendon County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 3 W. Keitt Street, Manning, South Carolina 29102
- Clarendon County Register of Deeds
- Phone: 803-435-4444
- Land Records: 1856
- Clarendon County Clerk of Probate Court
- Phone: (803) 435-8774
- Marriage Records: 1911
- Probate Records: 1856
- Clarendon County Clerk of Court
- Phone: (803) 435-4443
- Court Records: 1856
- Divorce Records:since April 1949
- Clarendon County Tax Assessor / Collector
Clarendon County, SC Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Clarendon County, SC?
A list of Clarendon County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives.
- Clarendon County Historical Society and Archives, 211 North Brooks Street, Manning, SC 29102; (803) 435-0328
- USGenWeb Archives for Clarendon County (usgwarchives.net)
- South Carolina Department of Archives and History, 8301 Parklane Road; Columbia, SC 29223-4905; Tel: (803) 896-6100
- South Carolina State Library, 1500 Senate Street, PO Box 11469; Columbia, South Carolina 29211; Voice: (803) 734-8666
- South Carolina Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 16355, Greenville, SC 29606
- South Carolina Historical Society, 100 Meeting Street, Charleston 29401
- South Carolina Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies Guide
Where can I connect with other Clarendon County, SC Researchers through message boards and forums?
- South Carolina State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Clarendon County, South Carolina Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Clarendon County
- Clarendon County, South Carolina Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Clarendon County, SC?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources related to Clarendon County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business oriented Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is just a directory that has been collected or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.