Bristol County, Rhode Island
The Bristol County Seat is situated in Bristol.
Bristol County vital records can be found at the Rhode Island Office of Vital Records which has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Rhode Island for current fees and application process. Please be advised that in most cases you will receive your records more quickly from the City and Town locations than from the State Office
You can search online for Bristol County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Rhode Island Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
Bristol Co. Mortality Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Bristol Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules is available for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Bristol Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. You will discover free down loadable in addition to printable census forms to aid with your research.
Bristol County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Bristol County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Rhode Island Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Rhode Island State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Barrington Preservation Society, P.O. Box 178, 281 County Road, Barrington, RI 02806; TEL: (401) 247-3770
- Bristol Historical And Preservation Society Library & Museum, 48 Court Street, Bristol, RI 02809; Phone: (401) 253-7223
- Massasoit Historical Association, Post Office Box 203, Warren, Rhode Island 02885
- Bristol County, Rhode Island Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Bristol County, Rhode Island Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Bristol County (usgwarchives.net)
Bristol County Courthouse and Government Records
Researchers frequently overlook the importance of Bristol County court, probate, and land files as a resource of genealogy information. Hidden away in Rhode Island courthouses and archives everywhere are often the ambitions and frustrations of the many Rhode Island men and women.
The chances are very good that your chosen ancestors and forefathers have left a in-depth record of at least a number of elements of their lives in the Bristol County court records. Even if your forebears is not brought up in a Court case, take into consideration all of the other methods that could have lead to him or her appearing in court records.
Bristol County Links
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources related to Bristol County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a cost. This is simply a directory that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another. Feel free to furnish your own most popular Bristol County genealogy or family history associated sites.