Gilliam County, Oregon
Gilliam County was founded on February 25, 1885 from the eastern third of Wasco County.
Gilliam County Societies and Family History Resources
A list of Gilliam County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Gilliam County Historical Society, Highway 19 at Burns Park, P.O. Box 377, Condon, Oregon, 97823; (503) 384-4233
- Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society, c/o The Dalles Public Library, 722 Court Street, The Dalles, OR 97058
- Oregon State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Gilliam County USGenWeb Archives Project (usgwarchives.net)
- Gilliam County, Oregon Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Gilliam County, Oregon Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- Oregon Historical County Records Guide (arcweb.sos.state.or.us)
Gilliam County Courthouse and Government Records
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Gilliam County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Oregon courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Oregon residents. The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Gilliam County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records.
The below specifics indicates whatever death, marriage, birth,, land, probate, and court records are typically in Gilliam County. The dates stated below are considered the first noted records data for this county.
Gilliam County Links
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Gilliam County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business oriented Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a cost. This is just a list that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to suggest your own most popular Gilliam County genealogy or family history related sites.