Tulsa County, Oklahoma
Genealogy, History & Facts
Tulsa County, Oklahoma Facts
When was Tulsa County, OK Created?
Tulsa County was established on July 16, 1907 from Creek lands.
Tulsa County, OK Vital Records
Where can find Tulsa County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Tulsa County vital records can be found at the Oklahoma Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, and death records since October 1908. County marriage and divorce records are located in the local Clerk of Courts officeThere is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Oklahoma for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
You can search online for Tulsa County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Oklahoma Birth Certificate or Death Certificate Applications to mail.
Tulsa County, OK Census Records
What Tulsa County, OK census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Tulsa County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Another census resource is the Oklahoma Territorial Census, 1890 and 1907. You will discover free online in addition to printable census forms that can help with your research. See Also Oklahoma Census Records Research Guide.
Tulsa County, OK Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Tulsa County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Tulsa County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Oklahoma courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Oklahoma residents. The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Tulsa County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Oklahoma Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Tulsa County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 500 S Denver Ave, Tulsa, OK 74103
- Phone: (918) 596-5000
- Tulsa County Clerk’s Office
- Birth / Death Records: 1908
- Land Records:1907
- Tulsa County Court Clerk’s Office
- Marriage Records: 1907
- Probate Records: 1907
- Court Records:1907
- Oklahoma, Applications for Allotment, Five Civilized Tribes, 1899-1907
- BLM Land Records
Tulsa County, OK Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Tulsa County, OK?
A list of Tulsa County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Oklahoma Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Broken Arrow Genealogical Society, PO Box 1244, 400 S. Main St., Broken Arrow, OK 74013
- Tulsa Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 585, 9136 E. 31st Street, Tulsa 74101-0585; (918) 627-4224 (Library Phone)
- Tulsa Historical Society, 2445 South Peoria Tulsa, Oklahoma 74114; 918.712.9484
- Bixby Historical Society, P.O. Box 1046, Bixby OK 74008; (918) 366-1200
- Owasso Historical Society, 26 S. Main Street Owasso, OK 74055; 918.272.4966
- Oklahoma Department of Libraries, Division of State Archives and Records, 200 N.E. 18th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 75105
- Oklahoma Historical Society, Oklahoma History Center, 800 Nazih Zuhdi Drive, Oklahoma City, OK 73105
- Oklahoma Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 12986, Oklahoma City 73157-2986
Where can I connect with other Tulsa County, OK Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Oklahoma State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Tulsa County, Oklahoma Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Tulsa County, Oklahoma Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Tulsa County, OK?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Tulsa County.