Walsh County, North Dakota
Walsh County was established on February 18, 1881 from Grand Forks County.
Townships include Acton, Adams, Ardoch, Cleveland, Dewey, Dundee, Eden, Farmington, Fertile, Forest River, Glenwood, Golden, Grafton, Harriston, Kensington, Kinloss, Lampton, Latona, Martin, Medford, Nash, Norton, Oakwood, Ops, Perth, Prairie Centre, Pulaski, Rushford, St. Andrews, Sauter, Shepherd, Silvesta, Tiber, Vernon, Vesta, Walsh Centre, Walshville.
Walsh County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Walsh County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- North Dakota State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Walsh County Historical Society, 323 3rd, Minto ND 58261
- Walsh County Historical Society & Museum, 12859 66th Street NE, Park River, ND 58270, (701) 284-6828
- Heritage Village at Grafton, 695 West 12th Street, Grafton, ND 58237, 701-352-3280 or 701-520-1207
- Walsh County Historic Preservation Commission, Red River Regional Council, Chase Building, 516 Cooper Ave., Suite 101, Grafton, ND 58237, 701-352-3550
- Walsh County, North Dakota Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Walsh County, North Dakota Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Walsh County (usgwarchives.net)
Walsh County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist often overlook the value of Walsh County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of family history and genealogy information. Buried away in North Dakota courthouses and archives just about everywhere are often the aspirations and worries of countless North Dakota residents. The odds are excellent that your chosen ancestors and forefathers have left a detailed record of at least some elements of their lives in the Walsh County court records. Even if your forefathers is not mentioned in a Court case, give some thought to all of the other procedures which may have lead to her or him showing up in court records.
- Walsh County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 600 Cooper Ave, Grafton, ND 58237
- Phone: (701) 352-0350
- Walsh County Register of Deeds / Recorder
- Land Records: 1881
- Walsh County Clerk of Courts
- Marriage Records: 1882
- Probate Records: 1881
- Court Records: 1881
- North Dakota Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in North Dakota for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
- Ordering Vital Records – You can also order Order Electronically Online or You can download an application for North Dakota Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications. Certified copies of marriage records must be issued by the county where the license was originally filed. Copies of divorce records can only be obtained from the county clerk or recorder in the county in which the divorce filed.
Walsh County Links
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relevant to Walsh County. Feel free to provide your own favorite Walsh County genealogy or family history related sites.