Ramsey County, North Dakota
Ramsey County was established on January 04, 1873 (organized in 1881) from Pembina County.
Townships include Bartlett, Cato, Chain Lakes, Coulee, Creel, De Groat, Dry Lake, Fancher, Freshwater, Grand Harbor, Hammer, Harding, Highland Center, Hope, Klingstrup, Lawton, Lillehoff, Minnewaukan, Morris, Newbre, Newland, Noonan, North Creel, Northfield, Odessa, Ontario, Overland, Pelican, Poplar Grove, Prospect, Royal, South Minnewaukan, Stevens, Sullivan, Triumph, Webster.
Ramsey County does have Federal Census Schedules to help in looking into your family tree. Government Population Schedules are available for 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Ramsey Co. Ramsey Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1880. Ramsey Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules is available for 1880. Ramsey Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be found for 1890. There are free online in addition to printable census forms to assist with your research.
Ramsey County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Ramsey County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- North Dakota State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Ramsey County Historical Society, 502 4th Street , P. O. Box 245, Devils Lake, ND 58301, 701-662-3701
- Devils Lake Historic Preservation Commission, 1203 4th Avenue NE, Devils Lake, ND 58301, 701-662-3334
- Edmore Historical Society, P. O. Box 8, Edmore, ND 58330-0008, 701-644-2291
- Finnish American Museum, Pioneer Square Community Center, P. O. Box 173, Brocket, ND 58321-0173, 701-655-3620
- Heritage House Museum, 416 6th St., P. O. Box 245, Devils Lake, ND 58301
- Ramsey County, North Dakota Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Ramsey County, North Dakota Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Ramsey County (usgwarchives.net)
Ramsey County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist often overlook the value of Ramsey County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of family history and genealogy information. Buried away in North Dakota courthouses and archives just about everywhere are often the aspirations and worries of countless North Dakota residents. The odds are excellent that your chosen ancestors and forefathers have left a detailed record of at least some elements of their lives in the Ramsey County court records. Even if your forefathers is not mentioned in a Court case, give some thought to all of the other procedures which may have lead to her or him showing up in court records.
- Ramsey County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 524 4th Ave, Devils Lake, ND 58301
- Phone: (701) 662-1309
- Ramsey County Register of Deeds / Recorder
- Land Records: 1873
- Ramsey County Clerk of Courts
- Marriage Records:1887
- Probate Records: 1873
- Court Records: 1873
- North Dakota Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in North Dakota for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
- Ordering Vital Records – You can also order Order Electronically Online or You can download an application for North Dakota Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications. Certified copies of marriage records must be issued by the county where the license was originally filed. Copies of divorce records can only be obtained from the county clerk or recorder in the county in which the divorce filed.
Ramsey County Links
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relevant to Ramsey ounty. Feel free to provide your own favorite Ramsey County genealogy or family history related sites.