Logan County, North Dakota
Logan County was established on January 04, 1873 (organized in 1884) from Buffalo County in the Dakota Territory.
The Logan County Seat is situated in Napoleon and the county government website is unknown
Townships include Bryant, Finn, Glendale, Gutschmidt, Haag, Janke, Red Lake, Sealy, Starkey..
Logan County does have Federal Census Schedules to help in looking into your family tree. Government Population Schedules are available for 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Logan Co. Logan Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1880. Logan Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules is available for 1880. Logan Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be found for 1890. There are free online in addition to printable census forms to assist with your research.
Logan County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Logan County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- North Dakota State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Logan County Historical Society, 208 5th St. E, Napoleon, ND 58561-7217, 701-754-2640
- Logan County, North Dakota Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Logan County, North Dakota Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Logan County (usgwarchives.net)
Logan County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist often overlook the value of Logan County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of family history and genealogy information. Buried away in North Dakota courthouses and archives just about everywhere are often the aspirations and worries of countless North Dakota residents. The odds are excellent that your chosen ancestors and forefathers have left a detailed record of at least some elements of their lives in the Logan County court records. Even if your forefathers is not mentioned in a Court case, give some thought to all of the other procedures which may have lead to her or him showing up in court records.
- Logan County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 301 Broadway, Napoleon, ND 58561
- Phone: (701) 754-2751
- Logan County Register of Deeds / Recorder / Clerk of Courts responsibilities include issuing Marriage Licenses and filing of Civil, Probate, Small Claims, Criminal Cases and Child Support Court Documents; keeping a record of each patent, deed, mortgage, bill of sale and any document related to these transactions, insuring a permanent record of property ownership.
- Marriage Records: 1890
- Land Records: 1873
- Probate Records: 1873
- Court Records: 1873
- North Dakota Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in North Dakota for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
- Ordering Vital Records – You can also order Order Electronically Online or You can download an application for North Dakota Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications. Certified copies of marriage records must be issued by the county where the license was originally filed. Copies of divorce records can only be obtained from the county clerk or recorder in the county in which the divorce filed.
Logan County Links
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relevant to Logan County. Feel free to provide your own favorite Logan County genealogy or family history related sites.