Valencia County, New Mexico
Valencia County was founded on January 6, 1852 as one of the nine original counties.
Valencia County vital records can be found at the New Mexico Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in New Mexico for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
You can search online for Valencia County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for New Mexico Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
Valencia County has Federal Census Schedules to aid in looking into your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are present for 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Valencia Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1860, 1870 and 1880. Valencia Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules is available for 1860, 1870 and 1880. Valencia Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. You’ll find free online and printable census forms to aid with your research.
Valencia County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Valencia County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- New Mexico Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- New Mexico State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Grants Family History Center, 1010 Bondad Ave., Grants, NM. Phone 505-287-2470
- Los Lunas Family History Center, 160 James St., Los Lunas, NM. Phone 505-865-9788
- Valencia County Historical Society, 104 North First Street, Belen, New Mexico, 87002.
- Acoma Pueblo Historical Society, P. O. Box 309, Acoma Pueblo, 87034.
- Valencia County, New Mexico Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Valencia County, New Mexico Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Valencia County (usgwarchives.net)
Valencia County Courthouse and Government Records
Researchers often forget the significance of Valencia County court, probate, and land files as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy details. Buried away in New Mexico courthouses and archives everywhere tend to be the desires and worries of many New Mexico inhabitants.
The chances are excellent that your particular ancestors and forefathers have left a in-depth record of at least quite a few aspects of their lives in the Valencia County court records. Even if your forefathers is not brought up in a Court case, give some thought to all of the other methods which often can have lead to him or her showing up in court records.
The below details indicates what birth, death, marriage, land, wills, and legal records are in Valencia County. The years New Mexicod listed below could be the first recognized documents for this county. Original territorial records were filed at Valencia, 1852-72; Tome, 1872-74; Belen, 1874-76. Registro Matrimonios (1869-1905) and Marriage Certificates (1885-1912) available at the New Mexico State Records Center and Archives.
- Valencia County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 525 Becker Ave, Belen, NM 87002
- Phone: (505) 866-2073
- Valencia County Clerks office
- Marriage Records: 1869
- Land Records:1880s
- Probate Records: 1870
- Valencia County 13th District Court Clerk
- Address: 1835 Highway 314 SW , Los Lunas, NM 87031
- Phone: (505) 865-4639
Valencia County Links
The following are web links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relating to Valencia County. A lot of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some call for a payment. This is just a directory that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to suggest your own preferred Valencia County genealogy or family history affiliated sites.