Union County, New Mexico
The Union County Seat is situated in Clayton and the county government website is unknown
Locations bordering Union County are Las Animas County, Colorado, Baca County, Colorado, Cimarron County, Oklahoma, Dallam County, Texas, Hartley County, Texas, Quay County, Harding County, Colfax County.
Union County vital records can be found at the New Mexico Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in New Mexico for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
You can search online for Union County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for New Mexico Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
Union County has Federal Census Schedules to aid in looking into your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are present for 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940. You’ll find free online and printable census forms to aid with your research.
Union County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Union County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- New Mexico Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- New Mexico State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Folsom Historical Society, Main Street, Folsom, New Mexico, 88419.
- Herzstein Memorial Museum, 22 South Second, Clayton, New Mexico, 88415. Phone: 505-375-2977.
- Union County Historical Society, Clayton, New Mexico
- Union County, New Mexico Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Union County, New Mexico Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Union County (usgwarchives.net)
Union County Courthouse and Government Records
Researchers often forget the significance of Union County court, probate, and land files as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy details. Buried away in New Mexico courthouses and archives everywhere tend to be the desires and worries of many New Mexico inhabitants.
The chances are excellent that your particular ancestors and forefathers have left a in-depth record of at least quite a few aspects of their lives in the Union County court records. Even if your forefathers is not brought up in a Court case, give some thought to all of the other methods which often can have lead to him or her showing up in court records.
The below details indicates what birth, death, marriage, land, wills, and legal records are in Union County. The years New Mexicod listed below could be the first recognized documents for this county.
- Union County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 200 Court St, Clayton, NM 88415
- Phone: (575) 374-8896
- Union County Clerks office
- Marriage Records: 1894
- Land Records: 1894
- Probate Records: 1911
- Union County 8th District Court Clerk
- Address: 200 Court Street, PO Box 310, Clayton, NM 88415
- Phone: 575-374-9577
Union County Links
The following are web links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relating to Union County. A lot of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some call for a payment. This is just a directory that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to suggest your own preferred Union County genealogy or family history affiliated sites.