Sierra County, New Mexico
Sierra County vital records can be found at the New Mexico Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in New Mexico for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
You can search online for Sierra County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for New Mexico Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
Sierra County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Sierra County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- New Mexico Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- New Mexico State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Geronimo Springs Museum, 221 Main St., Truth or Consequences, New Mexico, 87901.
- Sierra County Genealogical Society, c/o Public LIbrary, P. O. Box 311, 325 Library Lane, T. or C., New Mexico, 87901
- Sierra County, New Mexico Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Sierra County, New Mexico Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Sierra County (usgwarchives.net)
Sierra County Courthouse and Government Records
Researchers often forget the significance of Sierra County court, probate, and land files as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy details. Buried away in New Mexico courthouses and archives everywhere tend to be the desires and worries of many New Mexico inhabitants.
The chances are excellent that your particular ancestors and forefathers have left a in-depth record of at least quite a few aspects of their lives in the Sierra County court records. Even if your forefathers is not brought up in a Court case, give some thought to all of the other methods which often can have lead to him or her showing up in court records.
The below details indicates what birth, death, marriage, land, wills, and legal records are in Sierra County. The years New Mexicod listed below could be the first recognized documents for this county. (Hillsborough, 1884; Truth or Consequences, originally called Hot Springs) Marriage Licenses, Book B (1865—82) and Marriage Certificates (1887—1931) available at the New Mexico State Records Center and Archives.
- Sierra County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 155 Barton St, Truth or Consequences, NM 87901
- Phone: ?
- Sierra County Clerks office
- Marriage Records: 1865
- Land Records: 1884
- Probate Records: 1884
- Sierra County District Court Clerk
- Address: 311 N Date Street, PO Box 3009, Truth or Consequences NM 87901
- Phone: 575-894-7167
Sierra County Links
The following are web links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relating to Sierra County. A lot of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some call for a payment. This is just a directory that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to suggest your own preferred Sierra County genealogy or family history affiliated sites.