OTHER GENEALOGY RESOURCES
San Miguel County, New Mexico
Societies and Family History Resources ∣ County Courthouse and Government Records ∣ County Genealogy Links
San Miguel County, New Mexico (Map It) was created on January 9, 1852 from Doña Ana County. The county was named for the San Miguel de Bado Catholic Church, the first in the area.
San Miguel County is bordered by Mora County (north), Harding County (east), Quay County (southeast), Guadalupe County (south), Torrance County (southwest), Santa Fe County (west).
San Miguel County Cities and Towns include Las Vegas, Pecos, El Cerrito.
San Miguel County, New Mexico Vital Records
- Learn More: State of New Mexico Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from 1920 to present and delayed records since 1880.
- Marriage Records: None, See County Clerk’s Office
- Divorce Records: None, See Magistrate Court’s Office
- Locations: New Mexico Bureau of Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: New Mexico Vital Records and Health Statistics, 1105 St. Francis Dr., Santa Fe, NM 87502; (505) 827-0121
Bernalillo County Society and Family History Resources
San Miguel County Courthouse and Government Records
The San Miguel County Courthouse is located in Las Vegas, New Mexico. Learn More About State of New Mexico Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk’s Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in San Miguel county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- San Miguel County Clerks office has Marriage Records from 1868, Land Records from 1872 and Probate Records from 1859. The County Clerks office has land records, including deeds, mining records, surveys, and plats; marriage records; and some probate records. Also Military discharges, liens, mortgages, powers of attorney, and miscellaneous affidavits may be found there.
- San Miguel County 6th District Court Clerk has many responsibilities which include courts of general jurisdiction, including probate and divorce, actions, as well as jury trials.
San Miguel County Links
- New Mexico Historical Newspapers – Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from New Mexico (1844–1973)
- San Miguel County, New Mexico Books – Amazon
- San Miguel Co., New Mexico – FindaGrave
- San Miguel County, New Mexico Links – Cyndi’s List
- San Miguel Co. NMGenweb
- San Miguel County, New Mexico Ancestry Database Collections
- San Miguel County, New Mexico Military Records