Quay County, New Mexico
Quay County was founded on February 28, 1903 from Guadalupe County.
Locations bordering Quay County are Union County, Harding County, San Miguel County, Guadalupe County, De Baca County, Roosevelt County, Curry County, Deaf Smith County, Texas, Oldham County, Texas(east), Hartley County, Texas.
Quay County vital records can be found at the New Mexico Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in New Mexico for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
You can search online for Quay County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for New Mexico Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
Quay County has Federal Census Schedules to aid in looking into your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are present for 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940. You’ll find free online and printable census forms to aid with your research.
Quay County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Quay County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- New Mexico Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- New Mexico State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Tucumcari Family History Center, 2400 S. 9th St., Tucumcari, NM. Phone 505-461-9676
- Tucumcari Historical Research Institute, 416 S. Adams, Tucumcari, New Mexico, 88401
- Quay County Genealogical Society, Tucumcari Public Library
- Quay County, New Mexico Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Quay County, New Mexico Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Quay County (usgwarchives.net)
Quay County Courthouse and Government Records
Researchers often forget the significance of Quay County court, probate, and land files as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy details. Buried away in New Mexico courthouses and archives everywhere tend to be the desires and worries of many New Mexico inhabitants.
The chances are excellent that your particular ancestors and forefathers have left a in-depth record of at least quite a few aspects of their lives in the Quay County court records. Even if your forefathers is not brought up in a Court case, give some thought to all of the other methods which often can have lead to him or her showing up in court records.
The below details indicates what birth, death, marriage, land, wills, and legal records are in Quay County. The years New Mexicod listed below could be the first recognized documents for this county.
- Quay County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 122 W Center St, Tucumcari, NM 88401
- Phone: (575) 461-0510
- Quay County Clerks office
- Marriage Records: 1893
- Land Records: 1903
- Probate Records: 1892
- Quay County District Court Clerk
- Phone: (575) 461-4422
Quay County Links
The following are web links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relating to Quay County. A lot of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some call for a payment. This is just a directory that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to suggest your own preferred Quay County genealogy or family history affiliated sites.