McKinley County, New Mexico
McKinley County was founded on February 23, 1899 from Bernalillo County.
McKinley County vital records can be found at the New Mexico Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in New Mexico for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
You can search online for McKinley County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for New Mexico Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
McKinley County has Federal Census Schedules to aid in looking into your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are present for 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940. You’ll find free online and printable census forms to aid with your research.
McKinley County Society and Family History Resources
A list of McKinley County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- New Mexico Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- New Mexico State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Gallup Family History Center, 601 Susan Avenue, Gallup, New Mexico, 87301-5663. 87301-5663.
- Gallup Historical Society, Inc., 300 West Historic 66 Avenue, Gallup, New Mexico, 87301. Phone: 505-863-1363
- Ramah Family History Center, Tietjen St., Ramah, NM. Phone 505-783-4536
- Red Rock Historical Society, P.O. Box 328, Gallup, New Mexico, 87305-0328.
- Roman Catholic, Diocese of Gallup, 711 S. Puerco Dr., P.O. Box 1338, Gallup, New Mexico, 87305-1338.
- McKinley County, New Mexico Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- McKinley County, New Mexico Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for McKinley County (usgwarchives.net)
McKinley County Courthouse and Government Records
Researchers often forget the significance of McKinley County court, probate, and land files as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy details. Buried away in New Mexico courthouses and archives everywhere tend to be the desires and worries of many New Mexico inhabitants.
The chances are excellent that your particular ancestors and forefathers have left a in-depth record of at least quite a few aspects of their lives in the McKinley County court records. Even if your forefathers is not brought up in a Court case, give some thought to all of the other methods which often can have lead to him or her showing up in court records.
The below details indicates what birth, death, marriage, land, wills, and legal records are in McKinley County. The years New Mexicod listed below could be the first recognized documents for this county.
- McKinley County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 207 W Hill Ave, Gallup, NM 87301
- Phone: (505) 722-3868
- McKinley County Clerks office
- Marriage Records: 1901
- Land Records: 1901
- Probate Records: 1901
- McKinley County 11th District Court Clerk
- Address: 207 West Hill Street, Gallup, NM 87301
- Phone: (505) 863-6816
McKinley County Links
The following are web links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relating to McKinley County. A lot of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some call for a payment. This is just a directory that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to suggest your own preferred McKinley County genealogy or family history affiliated sites.