Webster County, Nebraska
Webster County was founded on February 16, 1867 from Unorganized area of the Nebraska Territory.
Webster County has Federal Census Schedules to assist in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules exist for 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940. Mortality Schedules are available for 1880 . Industry and Agriculture Schedules exist for 1880 . The Union Veterans Schedules is available for 1890. There are free downloadable and printable census forms to help with your research.
Webster County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Webster County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Nebraska State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Webster County Historical Society, P.O. Box 464, Red Cloud, NE 68970-0464
- Webster County, Nebraska Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Webster County, Nebraska Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Webster County (usgwarchives.net)
Webster County Courthouse and Government Records
Researchers often fail to notice the great importance of Webster County court, probate, and land records as a resource of family history and genealogy information. Buried away in Nebraska courthouses and archives just about everywhere could be the aspirations and frustrations of the many Nebraska citizens. The chances are excellent that your particular ancestors have left a in-depth record of at least quite a few facets of their lives in the Webster County court records. Even if your forefathers is not referred to in a Court case, give some thought to all of the other procedures which could have lead to him or her appearing in court records.
- Webster County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 621 N Cedar St, Red Cloud, NE 68970
- Phone: (402) 746-2716
- Webster County Clerk
- Marriage Records: 1871
- Webster County Register of Deeds
- Land Records: 1872
- Webster Clerk of Courts
- Probate Records: 1872
- Court Records: 1871
- Nebraska Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Nebraska for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
Webster County Links
The following are web links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relating to Webster County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a fee. This is merely a list that has been gathered or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site over another. Feel free to submit your own preferred Webster County genealogy or family history related sites.