Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska
Scotts Bluff County was founded on November 06, 1881 from Cheyenne County.
Scotts Bluff County has Federal Census Schedules to assist in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules exist for 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940. The Union Veterans Schedules is available for 1890. There are free downloadable and printable census forms to help with your research.
Scotts Bluff County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Scotts Bluff County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Nebraska State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- West Nebraska Family Research & History Center, 1602 Ave. A, Scottsbluff, NE 69361; 308-635-2400
- Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Scotts Bluff County (usgwarchives.net)
Scotts Bluff County Courthouse and Government Records
Researchers often fail to notice the great importance of Scotts Bluff County court, probate, and land records as a resource of family history and genealogy information. Buried away in Nebraska courthouses and archives just about everywhere could be the aspirations and frustrations of the many Nebraska citizens. The chances are excellent that your particular ancestors have left a in-depth record of at least quite a few facets of their lives in the Scotts Bluff County court records. Even if your forefathers is not referred to in a Court case, give some thought to all of the other procedures which could have lead to him or her appearing in court records.
- Scotts Bluff County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 1725 10th St, Gering, NE 69341
- Phone: (308) 436-6600
- Scotts Bluff County Clerk
- Marriage Records: 1889
- Scotts Bluff County Register of Deeds
- Land Records: 1889
- Scotts Bluff Clerk of Courts
- Probate Records: 1889
- Court Records: 1889
- Nebraska Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Nebraska for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
Scotts Bluff County Links
The following are web links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relating to Scotts Bluff County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a fee. This is merely a list that has been gathered or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site over another. Feel free to submit your own preferred Scotts Bluff County genealogy or family history related sites.