Nodaway County, Missouri
Genealogy, History & Facts
Nodaway County, Missouri Facts
When was Nodaway County, MO Created?
Nodaway County was created on February 14, 1845 from Andrew County.
Nodaway County, MO Vital Records
Where can find Nodaway County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Nodaway County vital records can be found at the Missouri Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records reported from January 1, 1910. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Missouri for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Nodaway County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Missouri Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Application to mail.
Another resource is the Nodaway County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980.
Nodaway County, MO Census Records
What Nodaway County, MO census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Nodaway County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Nodaway Co. Slave Schedules is available for 1850 & 1860. Nodaway Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Nodaway Co. Industry and Agriculture can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Nodaway Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. There are free down-loadable and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Missouri Census Records Research Guide
Nodaway County, MO Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Nodaway County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Nodaway County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Missouri courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Missouri residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Nodaway County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Missouri Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Nodaway County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 305 N. Main St, Maryville, MO 64468
- Nodaway County Recorder of Deeds
- Phone: 660-582-5711
- Marriage Records: 1845
- Land Records: 1845
- Nodaway County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk
- Phone: 660-582-5431
- Probate Records: 1845
- Court & Divorce Records: 1845 (including Index to circuit court records, 1845-1897; Circuit court records, 1846-1887
- Nodaway County Clerk of the Court
- Phone: (660)-582-2251
- Birth & Death Records: 1883-93
- Nodaway County, Missouri Wills and Administrations 1845-1880
- State-Issued Land Patents 1831 – 1969
- BLM Land Records
Nodaway County, MO Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Nodaway County, MO?
A list of Nodaway County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Missouri Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Nodaway County Historical Society, 110 North Walnut, Maryville, Missouri 64468 ; Phone (660) 582-8176
- Nodaway County Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 214, Maryville, MO 64468
- Barnard Community Historical Society, 633 2nd Street, Barnard, MO 64423
- Hopkins Historical Society, P.O. Box 292, 113 North Third Street, Hopkins, MO 64461
- Sons & Daughters of the Blue & Gray Civil War Roundtable of Northwest Missouri, P.O. Box 316, Maryville, MO 64468; Phone: (660) 582-2159
- Northwest Missouri Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 382, St. Joseph, MO 64502; Phone: (816) 233-0524
- Missouri State Archives, Missouri State Information Center; P.O. Box 1747, 600 West Main Str, Jefferson City, MO 65102
- Missouri State Library – 600 West Main Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101; (573) 751-4936
- Missouri Historical Society, P.O. Box 11940, St. Louis 63112-0040
- Missouri State Genealogical Association, P.O. Box 833, Columbia, MO 65205-0833
Where can I connect with other Nodaway County, MO Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Missouri Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Missouri State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Nodaway County, Missouri Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Nodaway County
- Nodaway County, Missouri Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Nodaway County, MO?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Nodaway County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is just a directory which has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.