Jasper County, Missouri
Genealogy, History & Facts
Jasper County, Missouri Facts
When was Jasper County, MO Created?
Jasper County was created on January 29, 1841 from Barry County.
Jasper County, MO Vital Records
Where can find Jasper County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Jasper County vital records can be found at the Missouri Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records reported from January 1, 1910. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Missouri for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Jasper County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Missouri Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Application to mail.
Another resource is the Jasper County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980.
Jasper County, MO Census Records
What Jasper County, MO census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Jasper County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Jasper Co. Slave Schedules is available for 1850 & 1860. Jasper Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Jasper Co. Industry and Agriculture can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Jasper Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. There are free down-loadable and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Missouri Census Records Research Guide
Jasper County, MO Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Jasper County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Jasper County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Missouri courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Missouri residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Jasper County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Missouri Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Jasper County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 302 South Main ST, Carthage, MO 64836
- Jasper County Recorder of Deeds
- Address: ?
- Phone: 417-358-0431
- Marriage Records: 1841
- Land Records: 1841
- Jasper County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk
- Phone: 417-358-0441 or 417-625-4310
- Probate Records: 1841
- Court & Divorce Records: 1841
- Jasper County Clerk of the Court
- Phone: 417-358-0413
- Birth & Death Records: 1883-1900
- Jasper County, Missouri Wills 1842-90
- State-Issued Land Patents 1831 – 1969
- BLM Land Records
Jasper County, MO Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Jasper County, MO?
A list of Jasper County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Missouri Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Jasper County Historical Society, 1718 Garrison , Carthage, MO 64836; Phone: (417) 358-2980
- South West Missouri Genealogical Society, 5676 County Road 120, Carthage, MO 64836; Ph: (417) 358-6494
- Carthage Historic Preservation , P.O. Box 375, Carthage, MO 64836 ; Phone: (417) 358-1776
- Joplin Genealogy Society, P.O. Box 1063, 300 South Main, Joplin, MO 64802; Phone: (417) 623-7953
- Powers Museum, P.O. Box 593, 1617 West Oak , Carthage, MO 64836; Phone: (417) 358-2667
- Missouri State Archives, Missouri State Information Center; P.O. Box 1747, 600 West Main Str, Jefferson City, MO 65102
- Missouri State Library – 600 West Main Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101; (573) 751-4936
- Missouri Historical Society, P.O. Box 11940, St. Louis 63112-0040
- Missouri State Genealogical Association, P.O. Box 833, Columbia, MO 65205-0833
Where can I connect with other Jasper County, MO Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Missouri Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Missouri State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Jasper County, Missouri Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Jasper County
- Jasper County, Missouri Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Jasper County, MO?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Jasper County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is just a directory which has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.