Cedar County, Missouri
Genealogy, History & Facts
Cedar County, Missouri Facts
What is the County Seat of Cedar County, MO?
The County Seat is located in Keytesville and in addition the county government website is unknown
Cedar County, MO Vital Records
Where can find Cedar County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Cedar County vital records can be found at the Missouri Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records reported from January 1, 1910. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Missouri for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Cedar County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Missouri Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Application to mail.
Another resource is the Cedar County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980.
Cedar County, MO Census Records
What Cedar County, MO census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Cedar County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Cedar Co. Slave Schedules is available for 1850 & 1860. Cedar Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Cedar Co. Industry and Agriculture can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Cedar Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. There are free down-loadable and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Missouri Census Records Research Guide
Cedar County, MO Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Cedar County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Cedar County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Missouri courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Missouri residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Cedar County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Missouri Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Cedar County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 113 South St., Stockton, MO 65785
- Cedar County Recorder of Deeds
- Phone: 417-276-6700
- Marriage Records: 1845
- Land Records: 1845
- Cedar County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk
- Phone: (417) 276-6700
- Probate Records: 1845
- Court & Divorce Records: 1845
- Cedar County Clerk of the Court
- Phone: (417) 276-6700
- Birth & Death Records: 1883-89
- State-Issued Land Patents 1831 – 1969
- BLM Land Records
Cedar County, MO Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Cedar County, MO?
A list of Cedar County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Missouri Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Cedar County Historical Society, P.O. Box 111, Stockton, MO 65785; Phone: (417) 276-5570
- Ozarks Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 3945, 534 West Catalpa, Springfield, MO 65808; Phone: (417) 831-2773
- Tri-County Genealogical Society, (Vernon – Cedar – St. Clair Counties), 212 West Walnut Street, Nevada, MO 64772
- Missouri State Archives, Missouri State Information Center; P.O. Box 1747, 600 West Main Str, Jefferson City, MO 65102
- Missouri State Library – 600 West Main Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101; (573) 751-4936
- Missouri Historical Society, P.O. Box 11940, St. Louis 63112-0040
- Missouri State Genealogical Association, P.O. Box 833, Columbia, MO 65205-0833
Where can I connect with other Cedar County, MO Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Missouri Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Missouri State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Cedar County, Missouri Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Cedar County
- Cedar County, Missouri Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Cedar County, MO?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Cedar County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is just a directory which has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.