Barry County, Missouri
Genealogy, History & Facts
Barry County, Missouri Facts
When was Barry County, MO Created?
Barry County was created on January 5, 1835 from Greene County.
What is the County Seat of Barry County, MO?
The County Seat is located in Cassville and in addition the county government website is unknown
Barry County, MO Vital Records
Where can find Barry County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Barry County vital records can be found at the Missouri Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records reported from January 1, 1910. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Missouri for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Barry County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Missouri Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Application to mail.
Another resource is the Barry County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980.
Barry County, MO Census Records
What Barry County, MO census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Barry County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Barry Co. Slave Schedules is available for 1850 & 1860. Barry Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Barry Co. Industry and Agriculture can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Barry Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. There are free down-loadable and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Missouri Census Records Research Guide
Barry County, MO Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Barry County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Barry County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Missouri courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Missouri residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Barry County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Missouri Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Barry County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 700 Main, Cassville 65625
- Barry County Recorder of Deeds
- Phone: 417 847 2914
- Marriage Records: 1837
- Land Records: 1835
- Barry County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk
- Phone: (417) 847-3133
- Probate Records: 1835 (Probate records, 1853-1891; Probate minutes, 1867-1923; Administrator’s/executor’s letters, bonds and records, 1835-1893; Inventories, appraisements and sale bills, 1856-1909; Settlement records, 1 867-1893; Guardian’s/curator’s records, 1867-1885; Records of descendent and heirs, 1908-1917; Will records, 1871-1923
- Court & Divorce Records: 1872
- Barry County Clerk of the Court
- Phone: (417) 847-2561
- Birth & Death Records: 1883-85 (Register of births, 1883-1885; Register of deaths, 1883-1885
- State-Issued Land Patents 1831 – 1969
- BLM Land Records
Barry County, MO Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Barry County, MO?
A list of Barry County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Missouri Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Barry County Genealogical & Historical Society, P.O. Box 291, Cassville, Missouri 65625
- Missouri State Archives, Missouri State Information Center; P.O. Box 1747, 600 West Main Str, Jefferson City, MO 65102
- Missouri State Library – 600 West Main Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101; (573) 751-4936
- Missouri Historical Society, P.O. Box 11940, St. Louis 63112-0040
- Missouri State Genealogical Association, P.O. Box 833, Columbia, MO 65205-0833
Where can I connect with other Barry County, MO Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Missouri Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Missouri State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Barry County, Missouri Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Barry County
- Barry County, Missouri Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Barry County, MO?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Barry County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is just a directory which has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.