Lapeer County, Michigan
Genealogy, History & Facts
Lapeer County, Michigan Facts
Lapeer County, MI Vital Records
Where can find Lapeer County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Lapeer County vital records can be found at the Michigan Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records since 1867. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Michigan for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Lapeer County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Michigan Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- USGenweb Archives Michigan Marriage Project
- Michigan Births and Christenings, 1775-1995
- Michigan Births and Christenings Index, 1867-1911
- Michigan Births, 1867-1902
- Michigan Marriages, 1868-1925
- Michigan Marriage Records, 1867-1952
- Michigan, County Marriages, 1820-1935
- Michigan Marriages to 1850
- Michigan Marriages, 1822-1995
- Michigan Marriages, 1851-1875
- Michigan Divorce Records, 1897-1952
- Michigan Deaths and Burials Index, 1867-1995
- Michigan Deaths and Burials 1800-1995
- Michigan Deaths, 1971-1996
- Michigan Death Records, 1897-1920
- Michigan Death Certificates, 1921-1952
- Michigan Death Index, 1971-1996
- Michigan Deaths, 1867-1897
Lapeer County, MI Census Records
What Lapeer County, MI census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Lapeer County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Lapeer Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Lapeer Co. Industry and Agriculture can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Lapeer Co. Union Veterans Schedules is available for 1890. One can find free online and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Michigan Census Records Research Guide
Lapeer County, MI Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Lapeer County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Lapeer County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Michigan courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Michigan residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Lapeer County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Michigan Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Lapeer County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 255 Clay Street, Lapeer, MI 48446
- Lapeer County Clerk
- Phone: 810-667-0356
- Births & Deaths: 1867
- Marriage Records: 1831
- Lapeer County Register of Deeds
- Phone: (810) 667-0211
- Land Records: 1835
- Lapeer County Clerk of the Probate Court
- Phone: (810) 667-0261
- Probate Records: 1838
- Lapeer County Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Phone: (810) 667-0320
- Court Records: 1835
- Michigan Land Records
- Michigan Probate Records 1797-1973
- BLM Land Records
Lapeer County, MI Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Lapeer County, MI?
A list of Lapeer County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Michigan Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Dryden Historical Society 5488 Dryden Road P.O. Box 93 Dryden Michigan 48428
- Lapeer County Genealogical Society 921 West Nepessing Street Lapeer Ml 48446
- Lapeer County Historical Society P.O. Box 72 518 W Nepessing St # 1 Lapeer MI 48446; (810) 245-5808
- State Archives of Michigan, 702 W Kalamazoo Str, P.O. Box 30738, Lansing, MI 48909-8238; (517) 373-1408
- Library of Michigan, 702 W. Kalamazoo St, Lansing, MI 48909
- Historical Society of Michigan, 1305 Abbott Rd., East Lansing, MI 48823; (517) 324-1828
Where can I connect with other Lapeer County, MI Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Michigan Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- State of Michigan Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Lapeer County Michigan Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Lapeer County
- Lapeer County, Michigan Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Lapeer County, MI?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Lapeer County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a fee. This is just a list that has been compiled or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.