Ingham County, Michigan
Genealogy, History & Facts
Ingham County, Michigan Facts
Ingham County, MI Vital Records
Where can find Ingham County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Ingham County vital records can be found at the Michigan Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records since 1867. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Michigan for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Ingham County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Michigan Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
- Marriages and deaths mentioned in the Lansing state republican 1855-1870
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- USGenweb Archives Michigan Marriage Project
- Michigan Births and Christenings, 1775-1995
- Michigan Births and Christenings Index, 1867-1911
- Michigan Births, 1867-1902
- Michigan Marriages, 1868-1925
- Michigan Marriage Records, 1867-1952
- Michigan, County Marriages, 1820-1935
- Michigan Marriages to 1850
- Michigan Marriages, 1822-1995
- Michigan Marriages, 1851-1875
- Michigan Divorce Records, 1897-1952
- Michigan Deaths and Burials Index, 1867-1995
- Michigan Deaths and Burials 1800-1995
- Michigan Deaths, 1971-1996
- Michigan Death Records, 1897-1920
- Michigan Death Certificates, 1921-1952
- Michigan Death Index, 1971-1996
- Michigan Deaths, 1867-1897
Ingham County, MI Census Records
What Ingham County, MI census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Ingham County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Ingham Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Ingham Co. Industry and Agriculture can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Ingham Co. Union Veterans Schedules is available for 1890. One can find free online and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Michigan Census Records Research Guide
Ingham County, MI Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Ingham County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Ingham County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Michigan courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Michigan residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Ingham County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Michigan Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Ingham County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 315 S. Jefferson, Mason, MI 48854
- Ingham County Clerk
- Phone: 517-676-7201
- Births & Deaths: 1867
- Marriage Records: 1837
- Ingham County Register of Deeds
- Phone: (517) 676-7245
- Land Records: 1835
- Ingham County Clerk of the Probate Court
- Phone: (517) 483-6300
- Probate Records: 1835
- Ingham County Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Phone: (517) 483-6500
- Court Records: 1839
- Michigan Land Records
- Michigan Probate Records 1797-1973
- BLM Land Records
Ingham County, MI Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Ingham County, MI?
A list of Ingham County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Michigan Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- East Lansing Historical Society P.O. Box 6146 East Lansing 48826
- Ingham County Genealogical Society P.O. Box 85 Mason MI 48854
- Ingham County Historical Commission P.O. Box 319 Mason MI 48854; (517) 676-7200
- French-canadian Heritage Society Of Mich. P.O. Box 10028 Lansing 48901-0028
- Mason Area Historical Society 200 E Oak St Mason MI 48854 Mason 48854
- Michigan Genealogical Council P.O. Box 80953 Lansing MI 48908-0953
- Mid-michigan Genealogical Society P.O. Box 16033 Lansing 48901-6033
- Waterloo Area Historical Society P.O. Box 37 Stockbridge 49285; 517-596-2254
- State Archives of Michigan, 702 W Kalamazoo Str, P.O. Box 30738, Lansing, MI 48909-8238; (517) 373-1408
- Library of Michigan, 702 W. Kalamazoo St, Lansing, MI 48909
- Historical Society of Michigan, 1305 Abbott Rd., East Lansing, MI 48823; (517) 324-1828
Where can I connect with other Ingham County, MI Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Michigan Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- State of Michigan Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Ingham County Michigan Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Ingham County
- Ingham County, Michigan Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Ingham County, MI?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Ingham County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a fee. This is just a list that has been compiled or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.