OTHER GENEALOGY RESOURCES
Caddo Parish, Louisiana
Genealogy & Facts
County Vital Records ∣ County Census Records ∣ County Courthouse and Government Records ∣
County Societies, Family History Resources and County Genealogy Links
Caddo Parish, Louisiana Facts
When was Caddo Parish, LA Created?
Caddo Parish was established on January 18, 1838 from Natchitoches Parish. The parish was named for the Caddo Native American people .
What is the Parish Seat of Caddo Parish, LA?
The Parish Seat is located in Shreveport and the parish government website is www.caddo.org/
What counties are adjacent to Caddo Parish, LA?
Bordering Parishes are Miller County, AR, Lafayette County, AR, Bossier Parish, Red River Parish, De Soto Parish, Panola County, TX, Harrison County, TX, Marion County, TX, Cass County, TX.
What cities and towns are in Caddo Parish, LA?
Cities and towns located in the Parish include Shreveport, Blanchard, Greenwood, Oil City, Vivian, Belcher, Dixie, Gilliam, Hosston, Ida, Mooringsport, Rodessa.
Caddo Parish, LA Vital Records
Where can find Caddo Parish Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Caddo Parish vital records can be found at the Louisiana Office of Vital Records which has copies of birth and death records since July 1914. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Louisiana for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Caddo Parish Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Louisiana Birth or Death Certificate Application to mail.
The Louisiana State Archives has Birth Records that occurred in Louisiana more than 100 years from the end of the current calendar year. It also has Death Records that occurred in Louisiana more than 50 years from the end of the current calendar year.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- USGenweb Archives Louisiana Marriage Project
- Louisiana, Births and Christenings, 1811-1830; 1854-1934
- Louisiana, Marriages, 1816-1906
- Louisiana, Parish Marriages, 1837-1957
- Louisiana Marriages, 1718-1925
- Louisiana Marriage Records, 1851-1900
- Louisiana Marriages to 1850
- Marriage contracts of French colonial Louisiana
- New Orleans, Louisiana, Marriage Records Index, 1831-1920
- Louisiana Death Records Index
- Louisiana, Deaths Index, 1850-1875, 1894-1956
- Louisiana, Statewide Death Index, 1900-1949
- Southwest Louisiana, Deaths Index, 1840-1906
Caddo Parish, LA Census Records
What Caddo Parish, LA census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Caddo Parish guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Caddo Parish Slave Schedules can be found for 1850 & 1860. Caddo Parish Mortality Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Caddo Parish Industry and Agriculture can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Caddo Parish Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. You can get free online and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Louisiana Census Records Research Guide
Caddo Parish, LA Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Caddo Parish Courthouse?
The below facts shows exactly what death, marriage, birth, property, wills, and court records are typically in Caddo Parish. The years listed below are the first noted records with this parish. See Also Louisiana Corthouse Records Research Guide.
PLEASE READ FIRST!!! Please call the clerk’s department to confirm hours, mailing address, fees and other specifics before visiting or requesting information because of sometimes changing contact information. The Department Offices DO NOT DO RESEARCH. The files are available to interested parties, barring private issues. Many staff will guide individuals in locating the materials, however it’s up to the person to carry out the research.
- Caddo Parish Clerk of Court performs the functions of more than one office. As the Recorder, the office of the Clerk of Court receives, files, records and indexes all mortgages, conveyances and all other instruments recorded in the Public Records for the Parish. The Clerk’s Office receives and files all pleadings, such as petitions, answers, motions and other filings in Civil and Probate matters, as well as indictments, bills of information and other filings in Criminal matters. Another function of the Clerk’s Office is the issuance of Marriage Licenses and recording their returns after the marriages are performed.
- Address: 501 Texas Street, Room 103, Shreveport, LA 71101
- Phone: (318) 226-6793
- Marriage Records: 1835
- Land Records: 1835
- Probate Records: 1835
- Court Records: 1835
- USGenWeb Archives for Caddo Parish
- BLM Land Records
Caddo Parish, LA Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Caddo Parish, LA?
A list of Caddo Parish Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Louisiana Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Ark-La-Tex Genealogical Association, P.O. Box 4463, Shreveport, Louisiana 71134-0463
- Friends Of Genealogy, P.O. Box 17835, Shreveport, LA 71138-0835
- North Louisiana Historical Association, P.O. Box 6701, Shreveport 71106-6701
- Louisiana State Archives, 3851 Essen Lane, P.O. Box 94125
- Louisiana Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 82060, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70884
- Louisiana Historical Society, 5801 St. Charles Ave, New Orleans, Louisiana 70115
Where can I connect with other Caddo Parish, LA Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Louisiana Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Louisiana State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Caddo Parish, Louisiana Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Caddo Parish, Louisiana Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Caddo Parish, LA?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Caddo Parish. Many of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is merely a listing which has been gathered or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site above another.
Caddo Parish LA Books, Newspapers & Publications
- Louisiana Newspapers Books & Publications Research Guide
- Louisiana historical newspaper archives online (newspapers.com)
- Historical Newspapers from Louisiana (1805 – 1985) (genealogybank.com)
- Caddo Parish, Louisiana Books (amazon.com)
Caddo Parish LA Cemeteries & Graveyards
- Louisiana Cemetery Research Guide
- Caddo Parish, Louisiana Graves (findagrave.com)
- Caddo Parish Tombstone Transcription Project (usgwtombstones.org)
- Caddo Parish, Louisiana Cemeteries (Internment.net)
- Caddo Parish, Louisiana Cemetery Books (amazon.com)
- Louisiana Church & Bible Research Guide
- Caddo Parish, Louisiana Church Books (amazon.com)
Caddo Parish LA Family Websites, Pictures & Histories
- Louisiana Family Group Sheet Project
- Nichols and Related Families (nicholsgenealogy.com)
Caddo Parish LA General and History Websites
- See Also State History for Louisiana
- Caddo Parish, Louisiana Wikipedia (wikipedia.org)
- Caddo Parish, Louisiana Wiki (familysearch.org)
- Caddo Parish LA Genealogy (kindredtrails.com)
- Family History Library (familysearch.org)
- Caddo Parish, Louisiana (linkpendium.com)
- Cyndi’s List – United States – Louisiana – Parishes – Caddo (cyndislist.com)
- Caddo Parish Louisiana (genealogytrails.com)
- Caddo Parish LAGenweb (bellsouthpwp2.net)
- Caddo Parish Genealogy Queries (cousinconnect.com)
- Caddo Parish Data Collections (search.ancestry.com)
Caddo Parish LA Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
- See Also Map of Louisiana Links and Information
- Louisiana State Museum Map Database (crt.state.la.us)
- Caddo Parish D.O.T. Maps (dotd.la.gov)
- 1895 Caddo Parish Map (livgenmi.com)
Caddo Parish LA Military Records
- Louisiana Military Records Research Guide
- Louisiana Military Records (fold3.com) will provide easy access to military records, stories, photos, and personal documents belonging to the Louisiana both males and females who served. Perfect for Caddo Parish genealogists, researchers, historians and much more.