Bienville Parish, Louisiana
Genealogy & Facts
Bienville Parish, Louisiana Facts
When was Bienville Parish, LA Created?
Bienville Parish was established on March 14, 1848 from Claiborne Parish. The parish was named in honor of the founder of the city of New Orleans, Jean-Baptiste Le Moyne de Bienville.
What counties are adjacent to Bienville Parish, LA?
Bordering Parishes are Claiborne Parish, Lincoln Parish, Jackson Parish, Winn Parish, Natchitoches Parish, Red River Parish, Bossier Parish, Webster Parish .
What cities and towns are in Bienville Parish, LA?
Cities and towns located in the Parish include Arcadia, Bienville, Bryceland, Castor, Gibsland, Jamestown, Lucky, Mount Lebanon, Ringgold, Saline.
Bienville Parish, LA Vital Records
Where can find Bienville Parish Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Bienville Parish vital records can be found at the Louisiana Office of Vital Records which has copies of birth and death records since July 1914. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Louisiana for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Bienville Parish Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Louisiana Birth or Death Certificate Application to mail.
The Louisiana State Archives has Birth Records that occurred in Louisiana more than 100 years from the end of the current calendar year. It also has Death Records that occurred in Louisiana more than 50 years from the end of the current calendar year.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- USGenweb Archives Louisiana Marriage Project
- Louisiana, Births and Christenings, 1811-1830; 1854-1934
- Louisiana, Marriages, 1816-1906
- Louisiana, Parish Marriages, 1837-1957
- Louisiana Marriages, 1718-1925
- Louisiana Marriage Records, 1851-1900
- Louisiana Marriages to 1850
- Marriage contracts of French colonial Louisiana
- New Orleans, Louisiana, Marriage Records Index, 1831-1920
- Louisiana Death Records Index
- Louisiana, Deaths Index, 1850-1875, 1894-1956
- Louisiana, Statewide Death Index, 1900-1949
- Southwest Louisiana, Deaths Index, 1840-1906
Bienville Parish, LA Census Records
What Bienville Parish, LA census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Bienville Parish guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Bienville Parish Slave Schedules can be found for 1850 & 1860. Bienville Parish Mortality Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Bienville Parish Industry and Agriculture can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Bienville Parish Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. You can get free online and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Louisiana Census Records Research Guide
Bienville Parish, LA Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Bienville Parish Courthouse?
The below facts shows exactly what death, marriage, birth, property, wills, and court records are typically in Bienville Parish. The years listed below are the first noted records with this parish. See Also Louisiana Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Bienville Parish Clerk of Court performs the functions of more than one office. As the Recorder, the office of the Clerk of Court receives, files, records and indexes all mortgages, conveyances and all other instruments recorded in the Public Records for the Parish. The Clerk’s Office receives and files all pleadings, such as petitions, answers, motions and other filings in Civil and Probate matters, as well as indictments, bills of information and other filings in Criminal matters. Another function of the Clerk’s Office is the issuance of Marriage Licenses and recording their returns after the marriages are performed.
- Address: 100 Courthouse Drive, Room 100, Arcadia, LA 71001
- Phone: (318) 263-2123
- Marriage Records: 1848
- Land Records: 1848
- Probate Records: 1848
- Court Records: 1848
- USGenWeb Archives for Bienville Parish
- BLM Land Records
Bienville Parish, LA Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Bienville Parish, LA?
A list of Bienville Parish Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Louisiana Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Bienville Historical Society, Rt 1, Box 9, Bienville 71008-9653
- Mt. Lebon Historical Society, 517 Gibsland LA 71028; (318) 843-1998
- Louisiana State Archives, 3851 Essen Lane, P.O. Box 94125
- Louisiana Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 82060, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70884
- Louisiana Historical Society, 5801 St. Charles Ave, New Orleans, Louisiana 70115
Where can I connect with other Bienville Parish, LA Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Louisiana Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Louisiana State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Bienville Parish, Louisiana Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Bienville Parish, Louisiana Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Bienville Parish, LA?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Bienville Parish. Many of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is merely a listing which has been gathered or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site above another.