Christian County, Kentucky
Genealogy, History & Facts
Christian County, Kentucky Facts
When was Christian County, KY Created?
Christian County was created on December 13, 1796 from Logan County (organized on March l, 1797).
What counties are adjacent to Christian County, KY?
Bordering Counties are Hopkins County, Muhlenberg County, Todd County, Montgomery County, Tennessee, Stewart County, Tennessee, Trigg County, Caldwell County.
Christian County, KY Vital Records
Where can find Christian County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Christian County vital records can be found at the Kentucky Department of Health (VDH) Office of Vital Records which has copies for of birth & deathe certificates (1911 – present), marriage licenses & divorce decrees (since June 1958). There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Kentucky for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Christian County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for Birth Certificate, Marriage / Divorce Certificate or Death Certificates to mail.
The Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives contains birth and death records for the cities of Louisville, Lexington, Covington and Newport, which introduced records laws before 1911. The Archives also offers birth and death records before to 1911 and 1911-1957 death records for the entire state.
Christian County, KY Census Records
What Christian County, KY census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Christian County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1790-1890, 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Christian Co. Slave Schedules can be obtained for 1850 & 1860. Christian Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Christian Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Christian Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. One can find free down loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Kentucky Census Records Research Guide
Christian County, KY Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Christian County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Christian County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Kentucky courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Kentucky residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Christian County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Kentucky Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Christiand County Clerk
- Address: 511 South Main Street, Hopkinsville, KY, 42240
- Phone: (270) 887-4105
- Marriage Records: 1797
- Land Records: 1797
- Probate Records: 1797
- Christian County Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Address: Christian County Justice Center, 100 Justice Way, Hopkinsville, KY 42240
- Phone: (270) 889-6539
- Court Records: 1797
- Kentucky, Wills and Probate Records, 1774-1989
- Christian County Elected Officials (ky.gov)
- Will/Probate Record Request Form
- BLM Land Records
- Christian County USGenWeb Archives Project
Christian County, KY Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Christian County, KY?
A list of Christian County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Kentucky Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Kentucky Department for Libraries & Archives, 300 Coffee Tree Road, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601; (502) 564-8300;
- University of Kentucky Libraries, William T. Young Library, Lexington, KY 40506-0456
- The Kentucky Historical Society, 100 W. Broadway, Frankfort, KY 40601; 877-444-7867
- The Kentucky Genealogical Society, PO Box 153, Frankfort, KY 40602-0153
- Christian County Genealogical Society, 1101 Bethel Street, Hopkinsville, KY 42240; The Christian County Genealogical Society meet every second Tuesday at 6:30 PM in the Community Room of the Hopkinsville- County Library.
- Christian County Historical Society, 3700 Bradshaw Pike, Hopkinsville KY 42240
Where can I connect with other Christian County, KY Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Kentucky Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Kentucky State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Christian County, Kentucky Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Christian County
- Christian County, Kentucky Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- KYCHRIST. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Christian County, Kentucky. To subscribe send “subscribe” to firstname.lastname@example.org (mail mode) or email@example.com (digest mode).
- KYWEST. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical or historical interest in the Western Kentucky counties of Ballard, Caldwell, Calloway, Carlisle, Christian, Crittenden, Fulton, Graves, Henderson, Hickman, Hopkins, Livingston, Lyon, McCracken, Marshall, Trigg, Union, and Webster. Postings must have a connection to one of these counties. To subscribe send “subscribe” to firstname.lastname@example.org (mail mode) or email@example.com (digest mode).
What other genealogical resources are available in Christian County, KY?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Christian County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is basically a collection that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another.