Carlisle County, Kentucky
Genealogy, History & Facts
Carlisle County, Kentucky Facts
When was Carlisle County, KY Created?
Carlisle County was created on May 3, 1886 from Hickman County.
Carlisle County, KY Vital Records
Where can find Carlisle County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Carlisle County vital records can be found at the Kentucky Department of Health (VDH) Office of Vital Records which has copies for of birth & deathe certificates (1911 – present), marriage licenses & divorce decrees (since June 1958). There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Kentucky for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Carlisle County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for Birth Certificate, Marriage / Divorce Certificate or Death Certificates to mail.
The Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives contains birth and death records for the cities of Louisville, Lexington, Covington and Newport, which introduced records laws before 1911. The Archives also offers birth and death records before to 1911 and 1911-1957 death records for the entire state.
Carlisle County, KY Census Records
What Carlisle County, KY census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Carlisle County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Carlisle Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. One can find free down loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Kentucky Census Records Research Guide
Carlisle County, KY Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Carlisle County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Carlisle County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Kentucky courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Kentucky residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Carlisle County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Kentucky Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Carlisled County Clerk
- Address: West Court St., Bardwell, KY, 42023
- Phone: (270) 628-3233
- Marriage Records: 1886
- Land Records: 1886
- Probate Records: 1886
- Carlisle County Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Address: Carlisle County Courthouse, 985 U.S. Highway 62, P.O. Box 337, Bardwell, KY 42023-0337
- Phone: (270) 628-5425
- Court Records: 1886
- Kentucky, Wills and Probate Records, 1774-1989
- Carlisle County Elected Officials (ky.gov)
- Inventory of the county archives of Kentucky: Carlisle County
- Will/Probate Record Request Form
- BLM Land Records
- Carlisle County USGenWeb Archives Project
Carlisle County, KY Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Carlisle County, KY?
A list of Carlisle County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Kentucky Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Kentucky Department for Libraries & Archives, 300 Coffee Tree Road, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601; (502) 564-8300;
- University of Kentucky Libraries, William T. Young Library, Lexington, KY 40506-0456
- The Kentucky Historical Society, 100 W. Broadway, Frankfort, KY 40601; 877-444-7867
- The Kentucky Genealogical Society, PO Box 153, Frankfort, KY 40602-0153
- Ballard-Carlisle Historical-Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 279, Wickliffe, KY 42087
Where can I connect with other Carlisle County, KY Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Kentucky Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Kentucky State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Carlisle County, Kentucky Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Carlisle County
- Carlisle County, Kentucky Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- KYCARLIS. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Carlisle County, Kentucky. To subscribe send “subscribe” to [email protected] (mail mode) or [email protected] (digest mode).
- KYJacksonPurchase. A mailing list for those whose family roots and research trace to the Jackson Purchase area of Western Kentucky, covering the counties of Ballard, Calloway, Carlisle, Fulton, Graves, Hickman, Marshall, and McCracken. To subscribe send “subscribe” to [email protected] (mail mode) or [email protected] (digest mode).
- KYJacksonPurchase-LORE. A mailing list anyone with a genealogical interest in 19th and early-20th century familiy stories and lore in the Jackson Purchase area of western Kentucky, covering the counties of Ballard, Calloway, Carlisle, Fulton, Graves, Hickman, Marshall, and McCracken. This list is dedicated more to preserving the historical background of families in the Jackson Purchase area than to “names and dates” genealogy, which can be posted to the KYJacksonPurchase list discussed above. To subscribe send “subscribe” to [email protected] (mail mode) or [email protected] (digest mode).
- KYWEST. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical or historical interest in the Western Kentucky counties of Ballard, Caldwell, Calloway, Carlisle, Christian, Crittenden, Fulton, Graves, Henderson, Hickman, Hopkins, Livingston, Lyon, McCracken, Marshall, Trigg, Union, and Webster. Postings must have a connection to one of these counties. To subscribe send “subscribe” to [email protected] (mail mode) or [email protected] (digest mode).
- SWKY-NWTN. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in the counties of southwest Kentucky (Fulton, Graves, Calloway, Trigg, Marshall, Hickman, Carlisle, Lyon, Livingston, Ballard, Caldwell, Crittenden) and northwest Tennessee (Obion, Weakley, Henry, Carroll, Benton, Dyer, Gibson, Humphreys). To subscribe send “subscribe” to [email protected] (mail mode) or [email protected] (digest mode).
What other genealogical resources are available in Carlisle County, KY?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Carlisle County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is basically a collection that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another.