Calloway County, Kentucky
Genealogy, History & Facts
Calloway County, Kentucky Facts
When was Calloway County, KY Created?
Calloway County was created on November 3, 1822 from Hickman County.
Calloway County, KY Vital Records
Where can find Calloway County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Calloway County vital records can be found at the Kentucky Department of Health (VDH) Office of Vital Records which has copies for of birth & deathe certificates (1911 – present), marriage licenses & divorce decrees (since June 1958). There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Kentucky for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Calloway County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for Birth Certificate, Marriage / Divorce Certificate or Death Certificates to mail.
The Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives contains birth and death records for the cities of Louisville, Lexington, Covington and Newport, which introduced records laws before 1911. The Archives also offers birth and death records before to 1911 and 1911-1957 death records for the entire state.
Calloway County, KY Census Records
What Calloway County, KY census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Calloway County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Calloway Co. Slave Schedules can be obtained for 1850 & 1860. Calloway Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Calloway Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Calloway Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. One can find free down loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Kentucky Census Records Research Guide
Calloway County, KY Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Calloway County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Calloway County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Kentucky courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Kentucky residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Calloway County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Kentucky Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Callowayd County Clerk
- Address: 101 South Fifth Street, Murray, KY, 42071
- Phone: (270) 753-3923
- Marriage Records: 1823
- Land Records: 1822
- Probate Records: 1836
- Calloway County Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Address: Calloway County Judicial Building, 312 N. Fourth St., Murray, KY 42071
- Phone: (270) 753-2714
- Court Records: 1856
- Kentucky, Wills and Probate Records, 1774-1989
- Calloway County Elected Officials (ky.gov)
- Will/Probate Record Request Form
- BLM Land Records
- Calloway County USGenWeb Archives Project
Calloway County, KY Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Calloway County, KY?
A list of Calloway County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Kentucky Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Kentucky Department for Libraries & Archives, 300 Coffee Tree Road, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601; (502) 564-8300;
- University of Kentucky Libraries, William T. Young Library, Lexington, KY 40506-0456
- The Kentucky Historical Society, 100 W. Broadway, Frankfort, KY 40601; 877-444-7867
- The Kentucky Genealogical Society, PO Box 153, Frankfort, KY 40602-0153
- Calloway County Genealogical Society, 1405 Main Street, Murray KY 42071
Where can I connect with other Calloway County, KY Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Kentucky Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Kentucky State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Calloway County, Kentucky Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Calloway County
- Calloway County, Kentucky Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- KYCALLOW. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Calloway County, Kentucky. To subscribe send “subscribe” to [email protected] (mail mode) or [email protected] (digest mode).
- KYJacksonPurchase. A mailing list for those whose family roots and research trace to the Jackson Purchase area of Western Kentucky, covering the counties of Ballard, Calloway, Carlisle, Fulton, Graves, Hickman, Marshall, and McCracken. To subscribe send “subscribe” to [email protected] (mail mode) or [email protected] (digest mode).
- KYJacksonPurchase-LORE. A mailing list anyone with a genealogical interest in 19th and early-20th century familiy stories and lore in the Jackson Purchase area of western Kentucky, covering the counties of Ballard, Calloway, Carlisle, Fulton, Graves, Hickman, Marshall, and McCracken. This list is dedicated more to preserving the historical background of families in the Jackson Purchase area than to “names and dates” genealogy, which can be posted to the KYJacksonPurchase list discussed above. To subscribe send “subscribe” to [email protected] (mail mode) or [email protected] (digest mode).
- KYWEST. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical or historical interest in the Western Kentucky counties of Ballard, Caldwell, Calloway, Carlisle, Christian, Crittenden, Fulton, Graves, Henderson, Hickman, Hopkins, Livingston, Lyon, McCracken, Marshall, Trigg, Union, and Webster. Postings must have a connection to one of these counties. To subscribe send “subscribe” to [email protected] (mail mode) or [email protected] (digest mode).
- SWKY-NWTN. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in the counties of southwest Kentucky (Fulton, Graves, Calloway, Trigg, Marshall, Hickman, Carlisle, Lyon, Livingston, Ballard, Caldwell, Crittenden) and northwest Tennessee (Obion, Weakley, Henry, Carroll, Benton, Dyer, Gibson, Humphreys). To subscribe send “subscribe” to [email protected] (mail mode) or [email protected] (digest mode).
What other genealogical resources are available in Calloway County, KY?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Calloway County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is basically a collection that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another.