Bath County, Kentucky
Genealogy, History & Facts
Bath County, Kentucky Facts
When was Bath County, KY Created?
Bath County was created on January 15, 1811 from Montgomery County.
Bath County, KY Vital Records
Where can find Bath County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Bath County vital records can be found at the Kentucky Department of Health (VDH) Office of Vital Records which has copies for of birth & deathe certificates (1911 – present), marriage licenses & divorce decrees (since June 1958). There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Kentucky for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Bath County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for Birth Certificate, Marriage / Divorce Certificate or Death Certificates to mail.
The Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives contains birth and death records for the cities of Louisville, Lexington, Covington and Newport, which introduced records laws before 1911. The Archives also offers birth and death records before to 1911 and 1911-1957 death records for the entire state.
Bath County, KY Census Records
What Bath County, KY census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Bath County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Bath Co. Slave Schedules can be obtained for 1850 & 1860. Bath Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Bath Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Bath Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. One can find free down loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Kentucky Census Records Research Guide
Bath County, KY Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Bath County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Bath County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Kentucky courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Kentucky residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Bath County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Kentucky Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Bathd County Clerk
- Address: 17 W. Main St., Owingsville, KY, 40360
- Phone: (606) 674-2613
- Marriage Records: 1811
- Land Records: 1811
- Probate Records: 1811
- Bath County Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Address: Bath County Courthouse Annex, 19 E. Main St., P.O. Box 558, Owingsville, KY 40360-0558
- Phone: (606) 674-2186
- Court Records: 1811
- Kentucky, Wills and Probate Records, 1774-1989
- Bath County Elected Officials (ky.gov)
- Bath County, Kentucky Wills, 1811-24
- Will/Probate Record Request Form
- BLM Land Records
- Bath County USGenWeb Archives Project
Bath County, KY Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Bath County, KY?
A list of Bath County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Kentucky Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Kentucky Department for Libraries & Archives, 300 Coffee Tree Road, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601; (502) 564-8300;
- University of Kentucky Libraries, William T. Young Library, Lexington, KY 40506-0456
- The Kentucky Historical Society, 100 W. Broadway, Frankfort, KY 40601; 877-444-7867
- The Kentucky Genealogical Society, PO Box 153, Frankfort, KY 40602-0153
Where can I connect with other Bath County, KY Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Kentucky Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Kentucky State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Bath County, Kentucky Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Bath County
- Bath County, Kentucky Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com) read and post messages with other genealogy researchers for Bath County KYBATH. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Bath County, Kentucky. Interested individuals may want to check out the Bath County KYGenWeb page. To subscribe send “subscribe” to [email protected] (mail mode) or [email protected] (digest mode).
What other genealogical resources are available in Bath County, KY?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Bath County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is basically a collection that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another.