Whiteside County, Illinois
Genealogy, History & Facts
Whiteside County, Illinois Facts
When was Whiteside County, IL Created?
Whiteside County was established on January 16, 1836.
What is the County Seat of Whiteside County, IL?
The County Seat is located in Morrison (prior county seats was Lyndon from 1839–1841, Sterling from 1841–1842), Lyndon from 1842–1846, Circuit Court at Sterling, County Commissioners’ Court at Lyndon from 1846–1847, Sterling from 1847–1857) also, the county government website is www.whiteside.org .
Whiteside County, IL Vital Records
Where can find Whiteside County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Whiteside County vital records can be found at the Illinois Department of Public Health has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Illinois for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Whiteside County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Illinois Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- Order Hard Copies of Vital Records
- USGenweb Archives Illinois Marriage Project
- Cook County Birth Certificates, 1878-1922
- Cook County Birth Registers, 1871-1915
- Illinois Marriage Records, 1860 – 1905
- Illinois County Marriages, 1810-1934
- Cook County, Illinois, Marriage and Death Indexes, 1833-1889
- Illinois, Cook County Marriages, 1871-1920
- Illinois Marriages, 1851-1900
- Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900
- Illinois Marriages, 1790-1860
- Illinois Marriages to 1850
- Cook County Deaths, 1878-1922
- Illinois Death Certificates, 1916–1950
- Illinois, Deaths and Stillbirths Index, 1916-1947
- Illinois, Deaths and Stillbirths, 1916-1947
Whiteside County, IL Census Records
What Whiteside County, IL census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Whiteside County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Whiteside Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Whiteside Co. Industry and Agriculture can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Whiteside Co. Union Veterans Schedules is available for 1890. One can find free online and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Illinois Census Records Research Guide
Whiteside County, IL Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Whiteside County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Whiteside County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Illinois courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Illinois residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Whiteside County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Illinois Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Whiteside County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 200 E. Knox St., Morrison, IL 61270-2698
- Whiteside County Clerk
- Phone: 815-772-5189
- Marriage Records: 1857
- Birth & Death Records: 1877
- Whiteside County Recorder of Deeds
- Phone: 815-772-5192
- Land Records:1838
- Whiteside County Clerk of the Circuit Court,
- Phone: 815-772-5188
- Probate Records: 1839
- Court Records: 1838
- The county archives of the state of Illinois
- BLM Land Records
Whiteside County, IL Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Whiteside County, IL?
A list of Whiteside County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Illinois Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Lyndon Historical Society, Lyndon
- Morrison Historical Society, 229 E. Main St, PO Box 1, Morrison IL 61270
- Prophetstown Area Historical Society, 320 Washington St, Prophetstown IL 61277
- Sterling-Rock Falls Historical Society, 1005 E. Third Street, P.O. Box 65, Sterling, IL 61081; (815) 622-6215
- Tampico Area Historical Society, 119 Main St., P. O. Box 154, Tampico, IL 61283
- Tri-Township Heritage House, 306 Lime St, Albany IL 61230 (covers Albany, Garden Plain, Newton Twps.)
- Whiteside County Genealogists, PO Box 145, Sterling IL 61081
- Northern Illinois University (NIU), Illinois Regional Archives Depository, c/o Regional History Center, Founders Memorial Library, Rm. 400, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL 60115; 815-753-1807
- Illinois State Archives, Norton Building, Capitol Complex, Springfield, IL 62756; (217) 782-4682
- National Archives – Great Lakes Region (Chicago), 7358 South Pulaski Road, Chicago, Illinois 60629-5898; 773-948-9001
- Illinois State Historical Society 210 1/2 S. Sixth, Springfield, IL 62701-1503; Phone: (217)525-2781
- Illinois State Library, 300 South 2nd Street, Springfield, IL 62701-1796; Phone: (217) 785-5600
- Illinois State Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 10195, Springfield, IL 62791; Phone: (217) 789-1968
Where can I connect with other Whiteside County, IL Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Illinois Genealogy Community (plus.google.com)
- Illinois State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Whiteside County, Illinois Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Whiteside County
- Whiteside County, Illinois Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Whiteside County, IL?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Whiteside County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a cost. This is simply a collection that has been gathered or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site over another.