Wabash County, Illinois
Genealogy, History & Facts
Wabash County, Illinois Facts
When was Wabash County, IL Created?
Wabash County was established on December 27, 1824.
What is the County Seat of Wabash County, IL?
The County Seat is located in Mount Carmel (prior county seats was Centreville from 1825–1829) also, the county government website is unknown .
Wabash County, IL Vital Records
Where can find Wabash County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Wabash County vital records can be found at the Illinois Department of Public Health has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Illinois for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Wabash County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Illinois Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- Order Hard Copies of Vital Records
- USGenweb Archives Illinois Marriage Project
- Cook County Birth Certificates, 1878-1922
- Cook County Birth Registers, 1871-1915
- Illinois Marriage Records, 1860 – 1905
- Illinois County Marriages, 1810-1934
- Cook County, Illinois, Marriage and Death Indexes, 1833-1889
- Illinois, Cook County Marriages, 1871-1920
- Illinois Marriages, 1851-1900
- Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900
- Illinois Marriages, 1790-1860
- Illinois Marriages to 1850
- Cook County Deaths, 1878-1922
- Illinois Death Certificates, 1916–1950
- Illinois, Deaths and Stillbirths Index, 1916-1947
- Illinois, Deaths and Stillbirths, 1916-1947
Wabash County, IL Census Records
What Wabash County, IL census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Wabash County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Wabash Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Wabash Co. Industry and Agriculture can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Wabash Co. Union Veterans Schedules is available for 1890. One can find free online and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Illinois Census Records Research Guide
Wabash County, IL Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Wabash County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Wabash County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Illinois courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Illinois residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Wabash County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Illinois Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Wabash County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 401 Market St. , Mt. Carmel, IL 62863
- Wabash County Clerk & Recorder of Deeds The Recorder’s duties are receiving, filing and maintaining all records related to real property in our county. These documents range from all types of conveyance deeds, mortgages, releases and assignments, property liens, as well as, assorted federal, state and local liens. The Recorder s office is responsible for the recordation and storage of plats of subdivision, land surveys and monument records. Many other types of miscellaneous documents are recorded, such as; foreign birth certificates, foreign marriage licenses, and military discharge paperwork to name a few.
- Phone: 618-262-4561
- Marriage Records: 1857
- Birth & Death Records: 1877
- Land Records: 1857
- Wabash County Clerk of the Circuit Court,
- Phone: 618-262-5362
- Probate Records: 1851
- Court Records: 1857
- The county archives of the state of Illinois
- BLM Land Records
Wabash County Societies and Family History Resources
A list of Wabash County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Eastern Illinois University, Booth Library, 600 Lincoln Ave, Charleston, IL 61920; (217) 581-6093
- Illinois State Archives, Norton Building, Capitol Complex, Springfield, IL 62756; (217) 782-4682
- National Archives – Great Lakes Region (Chicago), 7358 South Pulaski Road, Chicago, Illinois 60629-5898; 773-948-9001
- Illinois State Historical Society 210 1/2 S. Sixth, Springfield, IL 62701-1503; Phone: (217)525-2781
- Illinois State Library, 300 South 2nd Street, Springfield, IL 62701-1796; Phone: (217) 785-5600
- Illinois State Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 10195, Springfield, IL 62791; Phone: (217) 789-1968
Where can I connect with other Wabash County, IL Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Illinois Genealogy Community (plus.google.com)
- Illinois State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Wabash County, Illinois Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Wabash County
- Wabash County, Illinois Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Wabash County, IL?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Wabash County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a cost. This is simply a collection that has been gathered or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site over another.