Bonner County, Idaho
Bonner County was established on February 21, 1907 from Kootenai County.
Bonner County includes Federal Census Schedules to guide in exploring your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are present for 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940. There are free online and printable census forms to aid with your research.
Bonner County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Bonner County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Idaho State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Bonner County Genealogical Society, PO Box 221, Kootenai, Idaho 83840
- Bonner County Historical Society & Museum, 611 South Ella Avenue, Sandpoint, Idaho 83864; (208) 263-2344
- Bonner County, Idaho Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Bonner County, Idaho Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Bonner County (usgwarchives.net)
Bonner County Courthouse and Government Records
Researchers often overlook the great importance of Bonner County court, probate, and land documents as a source of ancestry and genealogy information. Hidden away in Idaho courthouses and archives everywhere are the hopes and dreams and worries of the many Idaho citizens. The chances are great that your potential ancestors have left a in-depth record of at least some aspects of their lives in the Bonner County court records. Even if your forefathers is not brought up in a Court case, consider all of the other methods which could have lead to him or her appearing in court records.
- Bonner County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 215 S 1st Ave, Sandpoint, ID 83864
- Phone: (208) 265-1432
- Bonner County Clerk, Auditor, Recorders Office
- Marriage Records: 1907
- Land Records: 1885
- Probate Records: 1891
- Court Records: 1885
- Idaho Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Idaho for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
- Ordering Vital Records – You can also order Order Electronically Online or You can download an application for Idaho Birth, Marriage, Divorce and Death Certificates Applications to mail.
Bonner County Links
The following are links to Genealogy and family history, Records and Resources associated to Bonner County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business oriented Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is merely a collection which has been collected or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site over another. Feel free to present your own most liked Bonner County genealogy or family history affiliated sites.